Dream team /Dream voyage

procter

Just received a brochure from Azamara (quite a surprise when I get 1 a week from Oceania) and it set me thinking of the above title.

Dream team

Captain Jose

Philip Herbert

Tony Markey

Alix prime C

Adele restaurant manager

Fabio head chef

Wayn chef in Prime C (fabulous halibut for my wife)

Jose Ortez waiter

Shenappa waitress

Ravin butler

Not sure how to get Alix without Heike but very close choice between her and Philip

Dale as barman

Last man missing would be Ivo of the biceps ex Prime C but now on Oceania Riviera .

Dream voyage

Positano

Sorrento

Livorno (my wife has bought 2 dresses there at 8 euros each.

My kind of budgeting) with side trip to Marseille (a lovely port ).

Interested to hear other thoughts on a wet Saturday in NE UK

Hi Proctor

I'd swap Philip for Heike every time, but that's because we know her so well. Difficult choice between Tony and Eric

Butler Ronald

Otherwise we'd be happy with the rest of your dream team.

Our dream voyage? We're doing it in 2018, Singapore, Brunei, Malaysia, Vietnam, Bangkok, Singapore. We were going to do this in 2016 but the dry dock plans scuppered it.

Steve from a Sunny SE UK

Ps. Got the Oceania brochure today (again!), now contributing to our recycling collection!:)

Edited by Azamarajunkie

Everyone, starting with all four of our Captains and continuing down the ranks to those employees that serve behind the scenes, make up our entire Dream Team! Being at sea for long stretches is not easy, and I thank all of them.

And I thank you, for daydreaming about Azamara Club Cruises!

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/crew/senior-officer-schedule

Everyone, starting with all four of our Captains and continuing down the ranks to those employees that serve behind the scenes, make up our entire Dream Team! Being at sea for long stretches is not easy, and I thank all of them.

And I thank you, for daydreaming about Azamara Club Cruises!

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/crew/senior-officer-schedule

Well said Bonnie, you're right, the whole of Azamara are the Dream Team:):):)

Just received a brochure from Azamara (quite a surprise when I get 1 a week from Oceania) and it set me thinking of the above title.

Dream team

Captain Jose Johannes- Jose- Carl- Magnes

Philip Herbert any of them

Tony Markey Russ or Eric first

Alix prime C who? Know other

Adele restaurant manager do ot know by name

Fabio head chef never notice a difference unless a special meal

Wayn chef in Prime C (fabulous halibut for my wife) guess you not had Teyrone

Jose Ortez waiter great man

Shenappa waitress great woman

Ravin butler Ravin or Ronald

Not sure how to get Alix without Heike but very close choice between her and Philip ???

Dale as barman add in Ruby, Jason and Michael Picton and bagas

Last man missing would be Ivo of the biceps ex Prime C but now on Oceania Riviera .

Dream voyage

Positano

Sorrento

Livorno (my wife has bought 2 dresses there at 8 euros each.

My kind of budgeting) with side trip to Marseille (a lovely port ).

Interested to hear other thoughts on a wet Saturday in NE UK

no real dream cruise. last summer was in these ports plus others. 10 days cruise vs 7 every time. 7 to short. you left out some great crew.sometimes i notice deck 4 crew makes a difference too.

I couldn't agree more. Azamara has a superb team of Captains, Hotel Directors, Cruise Directors, etc. and I'm delighted to sail with each and every one of them. And honestly - I find comments like "I would take X over Y" borderline offensive to the hard working, extremely dedicated people involved.

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I couldn't agree more. Azamara has a superb team of Captains, Hotel Directors, Cruise Directors, etc. and I'm delighted to sail with each and every one of them. And honestly - I find comments like "I would take X over Y" borderline offensive to the hard working, extremely dedicated people involved.

Floris

Hear Hear :D

Floris

I agree it really annoys me how some guests find fault with someone just because they are not x or y. No dreams just be thankful we can cruise on such a great line

My dream is to sail on Azamara again.

Captain Jose was a fantastic ambassador for the company and did an excellent job avoiding the eye of Tropical storm Ian. Thank you.

Phillip (HD) spoke to the chef on my behalf and I was served 'Special 'sweets thereafter.

Russ was an enthusiastic performer.

Wow!

Sorry if a light hearted attempt at PERSONAL choices has provoked such reaction.

I have NO issue with ANY staff on Azamara but human nature being what is it we all have favourites and my comment/question was a light hearted attempt at livening a dull day in UK NE.

Wow!

Sorry if a light hearted attempt at PERSONAL choices has provoked such reaction.

I have NO issue with ANY staff on Azamara but human nature being what is it we all have favourites and my comment/question was a light hearted attempt at livening a dull day in UK NE.

I thought it was a fun post. When i was new to AZ Johanness with Heike and Eric were known as the dream team. it took a couple years and a few captains on Quest to get their own dream team. But the HD's and CD's have been there longer than some captains. so we all have a favorite- nothing wrong with that.

as far as ports go we all have our favorites there too.

so bring on your fave but I like to know why this person over that person.

I agree it really annoys me how some guests find fault with someone just because they are not x or y. No dreams just be thankful we can cruise on such a great line

I don't really think it is a problem if people have crew they choose over others. After all the majority of us express preferences in most areas of our lives.

Haven't had an issue with one member of crew on Quest or Journey during all the cruises I have enjoyed on Azamara but there are a few I really look forward to seeing. Possibly this is because our paths cross more frequently on board and we therefore get to know each other better.

That apart, most of us who post on here think Azamara has the best crew at sea.

I'm really glad you are continuing to enjoy your cruise Ann.

I don't really think it is a problem if people have crew they choose over others. After all the majority of us express preferences in most areas of our lives.

Haven't had an issue with one member of crew on Quest or Journey during all the cruises I have enjoyed on Azamara but there are a few I really look forward to seeing. Possibly this is because our paths cross more frequently on board and we therefore get to know each other better.

That apart, most of us who post on here think Azamara has the best crew at sea.

I'm really glad you are continuing to enjoy your cruise Ann.

I agree my comments were more about those who decide based on hearsay or a previous voyage some time ago that their cruise will be a let down because X or y is on board (or not on board) before they even start their cruise.

We had one officer we were initially not impressed with but on subsequent cruises we saw their real skills, we have one where our jury is still out BUT if we are cruising with them again our minds will be really open to find "the other side".

I agree my comments were more about those who decide based on hearsay or a previous voyage some time ago that their cruise will be a let down because X or y is on board (or not on board) before they even start their cruise.

We had one officer we were initially not impressed with but on subsequent cruises we saw their real skills, we have one where our jury is still out BUT if we are cruising with them again our minds will be really open to find "the other side".

Personally I enjoy all my officers. Some I have sailed with longer so i look forward to seeing them- having a drink or dinner.

I do find is that we have our favorite bartenders . They are all good but you tend to sit in one bar or another as they know you and make your drink the prefect way for you. One example Hazel is that Lottie and you raved about the bartender in the Piano bar in June. I know him but i am not sure if he made me a drink or not. someone like Dale or Ruby has made me so m,any they can make them in their sleep the way i like it.. there are more bartenders who serve me but so make me a better cosmo than others.

Nothing wrong in having our favorites and look forward to seeing them.

Wow!

Hmmm, let's put the shoe on the other foot. What if we started a conversation about which Azamara passengers we preferred cruising with? Who would our dream passengers be? Guaranteed, it would definitely not be a lighthearted conversation.

All of the AZ are fabulous and very professional. The game of "who likes who the best" is reminiscent of grade school and can be very hurtful.

Hmmm, let's put the shoe on the other foot. What if we started a conversation about which Azamara passengers we preferred cruising with? Who would our dream passengers be? Guaranteed, it would definitely not be a lighthearted conversation.

All of the AZ are fabulous and very professional. The game of "who likes who the best" is reminiscent of grade school and can be very hurtful.

I agree....we all have our favourites among the wonderful Azamara crew, but it could be hurtful in the way some of the preceding posts are phrased.

A few years ago Hazel and I rather lightheartedly got talking about a "virtual cruise" and which forum posters we thought it would be fun to cruise with. Some we chose because we knew we would like them a lot.....and yes, since meeting some of them we did like them....and you know who you are!

Some we chose purely for their entertainment value and yes, they have since entertained us very much. Some we said....not a chance of them coming on our virtual cruise! All done very much in fun and between ourselves. We also have our own dream team of officers and crew.....which of course we would never divulge on here! But you know who you are too. :)

Looking forward to seeing Eric on our Arabian cruise, having seen him on TV a couple of times. Also, Heike seems to be very well thought of on here. We've been on Quest twice, both times with Captain Carl, Ryszard and Tony, so this will feel quite different.

From what I gather reading the CC posts by Bonnie and Larry P's Twitter Feed, the goal of Azamara is to create "Team" rather than "Individual" excellence. On board, I have been aware of that goal and experienced it's benefits many times.

I'm also aware that, being prone to snap judgements, I haven't always made an accurate initial assessment of a staff member's skills. That understanding was particularly sharpened on our 2nd last cruise.

Thus, we keep thoughts about individual"dream team" members to ourselves.

I must confess that, like LottieA's and Spursgirl's secret list, we also have ideas about potential cruise mates who are on this forum, but assume that their "persona" here might not always reflect reality. I hope that, at some point, we receive the same latitude. [emoji3]

I must confess that, like LottieA's and Spursgirl's secret list, we also have ideas about potential cruise mates who are on this forum, but assume that their "persona" here might not always reflect reality. I hope that, at some point, we receive the same latitude. [emoji3]

Nordski, you are definitely a passenger on our virtual cruise. Just think of the happy hours we could spend discussing Salvo. :D

. [emoji3]

Nordski, you are definitely a passenger on our virtual cruise. Just think of the happy hours we could spend discussing Salvo. :D

I'd be honoured and would do my best to try to keep up!

I do the same. At least on a public forum. I'm happy to discuss when I'm on the ship;)

:D:D:D

Hope your still having a great time.....I can't believe we have been back almost three weeks and you are still sailing! We have been busy though....booked another two cruises, one on Quest and one on Viking Sea as well as our Oceania Marina cruise in May. Think we may possibly have to fit in another Journey cruise though.....:)

I'd be honoured and would do my best to try to keep up!

We could have a Montalbano book club! Perhaps we could persuade Chef Monica or Chef Fabio to make us some of Adelina's recipe's. The Arancini always sound fantastic. :)

Sorry folks....excuse our silliness and back to normal posts now!