Question for Bonnie

marycruz

Hi Bonnie,

Can you find out if the Quest has installed lines in the showers to hang clothes?

We were on Journey in the Spring and there was no place to hang anything. There were no hooks in the cabin either.

Makes for very difficult time in the Caribbean for a place to put wet bathing suits.

Thanks.

Hi Bonnie,

Can you find out if the Quest has installed lines in the showers to hang clothes?

We were on Journey in the Spring and there was no place to hang anything. There were no hooks in the cabin either.

Makes for very difficult time in the Caribbean for a place to put wet bathing suits.

Thanks.

We have just returned from the Quest TA.

We were told by Captain Jose that the lines are on board, but it might take up to 3 months to fit them all.

There were 2 double hooks on the back of the bathroom door.

However, we found it difficult to get into the bathroom with towels and bathrobes hung on the door.

Edited by upwarduk

We have just returned from the Quest TA.

We were told by Captain Jose that the lines are on board, but it might take up to 3 months to fit them all.

There were 2 double hooks on the back of the bathroom door.

However, we found it difficult to get into the bathroom with towels and bathrobes hung on the door.

Thanks. That would work for us if they actually install them this time. Last time (March/April) on Journey the LCV Ambassador (Nicole) told us they would be there for us. She even asked our cabin number. When we got on board there was nothing, no lines, no hooks. We went down to the LCV rep on board and she said they didn't get them in yet.

We actually bought a retractable shower rod with us and got it to stay up in the shower after it fell down numerous time when the ship rocked.

I have had it confirmed the clothes lines are onboard. But we have no definitive answer when they will ALL be installed.

I'm told it is a small team assigned to install 345 individual clothes lines. They will be installed as the staterooms are vacant and the teams are available. So it is going to take some time, and it may happen that on future voyages there will be some staterooms with lines and some without. We ask for patience.

I have had it confirmed the clothes lines are onboard. But we have no definitive answer when they will ALL be installed.

I'm told it is a small team assigned to install 345 individual clothes lines. They will be installed as the staterooms are vacant and the teams are available. So it is going to take some time, and it may happen that on future voyages there will be some staterooms with lines and some without. We ask for patience.

Thanks Bonnie. Maybe someone along the way will let everyone know that they had installed those. We are looking at a B2B in Mar/Apr on Quest.

We'll be on Journey for 14 days out of Singapore starting December 23, 2016. Since this is all so "iffy" as to when the lines will be installed, I bought a stretchy clothesline with suction cups that came with a few clothes pins (or you can wedge clothing in the stretchy braided stuff) for about US$ 9 on Amazon. Neither my husband nor I want to each bring 14+ pairs of underwear, and in his case, socks. We'll make use of the ship's laundry for a few items, but needed to be able to wash/hang delicates and bathing suits.:D

We'll be on Journey for 14 days out of Singapore starting December 23, 2016. Since this is all so "iffy" as to when the lines will be installed, I bought a stretchy clothesline with suction cups that came with a few clothes pins (or you can wedge clothing in the stretchy braided stuff) for about US$ 9 on Amazon. Neither my husband nor I want to each bring 14+ pairs of underwear, and in his case, socks. We'll make use of the ship's laundry for a few items, but needed to be able to wash/hang delicates and bathing suits.:D

We had also purchased one of those. We were in a verandah cabin on Journey and that line will not work on the shower walls because you can't affix the suction cups to those walls. They are not tile or anything like that. We ended up with the retractable rod and had to really cram it in there because the shower walls were not straight.

Same question for Journey. Will the lines be there for the 24 Oct sailing?

They weren't there in our CC the first week of October.

I had my stretchy line, but the suction cups didn't hold very well on the walls of the shower, not sure why. I had to jury rig something over the sink.

Nice to hear they're getting installed gradually--they make a big difference.

Thanks for the info, MaryCruz and Wendy. We're in a CC that has the tub/shower combo, so maybe the suction cups will work and if not, I guess we'll have to jerry rig the stretchy line somehow. Or just drape stuff on top of the shower curtain rod that runs the length of the tub (I think... I'd need to go back and look at the photos of the CC suites that have the tub shower combo).

Thanks for the info, MaryCruz and Wendy. We're in a CC that has the tub/shower combo, so maybe the suction cups will work and if not, I guess we'll have to jerry rig the stretchy line somehow. Or just drape stuff on top of the shower curtain rod that runs the length of the tub (I think... I'd need to go back and look at the photos of the CC suites that have the tub shower combo).

Sounds good. My line also has hooks, which I somehow used in the bathroom. The suction cups may have just gotten old. And we were in a shower-only, so no bar to hang things on!

Sounds good. My line also has hooks, which I somehow used in the bathroom. The suction cups may have just gotten old. And we were in a shower-only, so no bar to hang things on!

I did go back and look at post re-furb photos, so for those of you in a CC suite that has a shower/tub combo, hanging stuff on the shower curtain rod is an option. If you're short, you could drag a chair over for access, but my husband is 6'3" so he'll easily be able to put stuff on it for us, in case the suction cups fail.:)