Appropriate November clothing for Western Caribbean

rubybc62

I'm fairly new to cruising and have never done a Caribbean cruise. I'll be doing the 5 day Western Caribbean cruise in early November. I am not sure what and how to pack and what would be appropriate. Would going casual with shorts, t-shirts etc. be acceptable or do I need to have more formal attire? Are shorts ok in the restaurants or not? What is appropriate for walking around? I will bring a dress or skirt outfit for formal dining.

I don't want to under or over pack and really have no clue as what is "the right choice". The shore days will be in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Thanks.

Summer clothes are the order of the day. It's hot! Shorts, t-s, etc.. are fine for going ashore. Just don't bring any camoflage clothing--it's not allowed in most Caribbean countries!

Flip-flops, sandals, etc... are fine to wear ashore, unless you're doing some kind of physical excursion.

On shore, it's NOT fancy! At night, on the ship, you may have a "formal" evening or two--you will want to dress for those!

But daytime, ship or shore, is casual!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely "summer" clothes. Not sure what port you will be leaving from but we usually cruise out of Galveston or New Orleans and sometimes if a front has come through it can be cool or downright cold the day we sail and even the first day out. I usually board in long pants and have a sweatshirt handy. If it is warm when we leave, it may be cold when we return. However, once in the Caribbean it will be warm to hot and "summer" clothes will be the order of the day.

Hi:) I agree with the 2 previous posters. Shorts/t's, sundresses

are all good for daytime. No need for anything formal during the

day.

The Caribbean is warm all year round:)

Evenings I enjoy dressing up for dinner but that is just me.;)

For a 5 night cruise you will probably have 1 formal night.

Have you checked the Roll Call forum? Maybe there is one

already started and you can interact with some of the gals

on there as well.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

YOu don't mention the ship or cruise line. Some are fancier in the evenings than others.

If you want to make sure and fit in, then:

Short and tees are fine during the day.

Evenings are a bit more dressier. Most cruiselines either don't allow shorts in the dining room or at least discourage them. Bring capris, slacks, skirt or sundress with a cute top for evening. You'll likely have one formal evening unless you're on NCL. Formal evenings are dressier. A cocktail type dress would fit in nicely if you don't have something formal you are just dying to wear.

Might be a good idea to bring a sweater or sweatshirt as a just in case if the evenings get a bit breezy on the ship.

I would echo that you need something warmer for embarkation and debarkation days. We came back to Galveston in early November one year and most people had packed everything except shorts and tees when they set their luggage out that last night. It was quite chilly that morning even though we had our jeans (comfy for traveling but too warm in the Caribbean itself). If the shops could have been open, they would have sold out of sweatshirts and jackets that morning!!!!

But once you're in the Caribbean, it can be quite warm and sometimes humid as well. Restaurants in port take patrons in just about any clothing, but the ship's restaurants in the evening are another matter.

I will be traveling on Norwegian in early Dec from Miami for the same itinerary - Western Caribbean (Cozumel/Grand Cayman). Since it's leaving from Miami, I assume summery clothes with a sweater or sweatshirt would be good for embarking/debarking, and I would not need formal wear for any dinner night unless I really wanted to. Is that correct? And for regular dinner nights, I assume khakis/dress pants with polo or button down shirt for hubby and capris, sundress, dress pants or skirt with cute top for me. Daytime will be summer with shorts, tee shirts, sandals, bathing suits with cover ups. Am I on target?

Archived