Allegrissimo Price Drop

Beamafar

Prego - as the Italians would say

I have pics in my phone from drinks menus taken last December. If there's anything else you want to know about I'll check thru' them - brands, etc. I won't upload them here - they're not the best!

You should be well-covered with the basic package - it's pretty comprehensive unless you're not a lager drinker! My DH is so it serves us well.

Here is the Med Dec 2014 Bar list

* means nOT included in the Allligrisimo pavkage. Some chnages have been made to teh rD asterisk list

1%20Bar%20Lisr%20Dec14_0022.jpg

2%20Bar%20Lisr%20Dec14_0023%20copy.jpg

Bar%20Lisr%20Dec14_0001.jpg

Bar%20Lisr%20Dec14_0002.jpg

Bar%20Lisr%20Dec14_0003.jpg

Bar%20Lisr%20Dec14_0004%20copy.jpg

Sailing in the Med. I don't even know the prices in euros for the packages; only US Dollars. However, prices were set when US dollar was not anywhere as close to the euro as now. I don't even know if we can do Allegrismo because my father cannot drink and we are all sharing a table!

Thanks. Just looked and it's $35 a day if I pre-booked for regular Allegrismo. But sadly I don't think everyone in the cabin will book, so it's out for an option. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the menus!

I notice that, like Celebrity Cruises, they won't give you an Irish Coffee on the package, even though coffee, Jameson's, and Bailey's are all included. Not that I drink those, but if I did, I would mix it myself :)

Thanks for the useful information, I have been checking out MSC for our next cruise and this looks a great deal to add on.

Great to see all the menu to, so you know exactly what you are getting.

Just a shame all the bottled beer and cider is Premium, i would of thought they could include 1 bottle beer and cider on the standard.

I do like a Cider in the sun so maybe i will get the standard package and just buy one ever so often when i fancy.

thank again for sharing all

If you have a basic package and want to buy say a Cider do you pay the full price or the difference between the standard beer and a cider

Anything outside the package is charged at full price + 15% service charge.

We were just on east med cruise on MSC Poesia. The wines in Allegrissimo package were very very bad. (White wine was "Lazolla" Chardonnay Terre Siciliane 2014" I could find this wine in shop for about 3 eur!! For example the vivino community is rating it very low. If you plan to drink wines DO NOT buy this package. We cancelled it on first day. The other drinks are ok but then you have to drink quite a bit.

Edited by jamesbond-007

We were just on east med cruise on MSC Poesia. The wines in Allegrissimo package were very very bad. (White wine was "Lazolla" Chardonnay Terre Siciliane 2014" I could find this wine in shop for about 3 eur!! For example the vivino community is rating it very low. If you plan to drink wines DO NOT buy this package. We cancelled it on first day. The other drinks are ok but then you have to drink quite a bit.

I usually get the premium package for the wine selection which is far superior to the wine available on the basic one. The wine in the buffet is atrocious which is the reason I often end up having lunch in the MDR, something I'd rather not have to do - I prefer the buffet for lunch. I do feel, though, that I should be able to get a nice glass of wine in the buffet, too, especially having paid the premium package price!

• 2 months later...
We just came of the Preziosa. They stopped serving Coca Cola and switched to Pepsi

Same on Divina a couple of weeks ago - I thought it might have had something to do with Divina being "Americanised" and Pepsi being more popular with that demographic. Seems like MSC have changed brands recently because it had always been Coke onboard. Not a big deal for me as I don't drink fizzy drinks except as mixers, but Bacardi is definitely out for me now as I can't stomach Pepsi! I would imagine it'll be a blow for Coke drinkers. On the other hand, it'll make Pepsi drinkers happy LOL!

We just came of the Preziosa. They stopped serving Coca Cola and switched to Pepsi

Oh shoot. Anyone know of the Musica had done the same? You may all laugh but I can't cruise without Coca Cola. I hate Diet Pepsi but like soda at meals like a "good American".

• 10 months later...

I saw the beautiful long list of cocktail posted by Skier52

just wonder, if all MSC ships offer the same list?

We gonna board MSC Orchestra in October, and we are debating if we should take the All inclusive package...

And we are a little concerned how the wine tastes from Allegrisimo basic package. Anyone knows?

Thank you Skier52 for the list!

Hope someone knows if all ships have more less the same drink list?

I saw the beautiful long list of cocktail posted by Skier52

just wonder, if all MSC ships offer the same list?

We gonna board MSC Orchestra in October, and we are debating if we should take the All inclusive package...

And we are a little concerned how the wine tastes from Allegrisimo basic package. Anyone knows?

Hope someone knows if all ships have more less the same drink list?

Yes, you will get more or less the same great range of cocktails on all MSC ships. The wines offered on the Allegrissimo package aren't great, but they aren't bad either. Consider, too, that it's only €26 pppd (the price of a bottle of wine!) for a comprehensive range of branded drinks - teas, coffee, hot chocolate, bottled water, soft drinks, beer, wine, prosecco, spirits, cocktails and gelato included!

Well .............. it turns out that the drinks package prices didn't fall after all (though I think they did in the UK - Allegrissimo was £22 and was reduced to £20 IINM, possibly due to currency XR with Euro :confused: I'd say that'll change soon enough due to the Sterling value sliding).

Not only that, I see that, next year, Premium Allegrissimo (which will be "All-Inclusive Deluxe Drink Package") is being increased from €44 pppd to €50, though the classic ("All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package") is remaining at €26. Still amazing value, especially when compared with other cruise lines. NCL are charging $79 pppd for their all-inclusive :eek:

Edited by Beamafar

Beamafar, thanks for the reply!

I also asked the MSC service center twice about what wine is including in the basic package.

one sales reply- it's house wine. so no name to tell you

another gave me a list which wines are including-

She wrote:

These are the latest information about included wine - it might vary depending on the ship.

White Wine: Grillo IGT Castello di Santa Vittoria ·

White Wine: Trebbiano Rubicone IGT Duca della Rocca ·

Rosé Wine: Rosé Salento IGT Rocca ·

Red Wine: Sangiovese Romagna DOC Poggio della Quercia ·

Red Wine: Dolcetto Piemonte DOC Castello di Santa Vittoria ·

Sparkling Wine: Cuvée Extra Dry Borgo Molino ·

Sparkling Wine: Cuvée Dolce Borgo Molino

About the premium packag,

The sales wrote:

· Champagne: Nicolas Feuillatte Brut ·

Sparkling Wine: Deinhard Lila Riesling Sekt Trocken ·

Sparkling Wine: Spumante Rosé Brut “Valdo”

Sparkling Wine: Prosecco Treviso Extra Dry DOC “Valdo” ·

Sparkling Wine: Asti DOCG “Fontanafredda” ·

White Wine: Riesling Mosel “Dr. Loosen”

White Wine: Sauvignon Isonzo del Friuli DOC “Tenuta Villanova”

White Wine: Pinot Grigio Colli Orientali del Friuli DOC “Le Vigne di Zamò” ·

White Wine: Langhe Arneis Selezione MSC DOC ·

White Wine: Chardonnay Friuli Grave Borgo Tesis DOC “Fantinel” ·

White Wine: Trebbiano Romagna DOC Castello di Santa Vittoria ·

Rosé Wine: Garda Classico Chiaretto DOC “Selva Capuzza” ·

Red Wine: Regale Rosso Toscana IGT “Tenimenti Andreucci” ·

Red Wine: Chianti Leonardo DOCG “Dalle Vigne” ·

Red Wine: Barón de Pardo Crianza DOCA “Bodegas Nava-Rioja” ·

Red Wine: Pinot Nero DOC “Torti” ·

Red Wine: Cabernet Sauvignon Friuli Grave DOC “Fantinel” ·

Red Wine: Langhe Nebbiolo Selezione MSC DOC ·

Red Wine: Merlot Venezie Castello di Santa Vittoria

The Allegro Wine&Water Package has these wines included:

white: Trebbiano di Romagna DOC Castello di San Vittoria

rose: Rosé Salento IGT Rocca

red: Dolcetto Piemonte DOC Castello di San Vittoria,

Merlot Venezia DOC Castello di San Vittoria

A little confusing since one sales says house wine, another sales actually gave out a small list.

Maybe someone knows the reality?