MSC Voyager Club Discount Booklet

canny_cruiser

I'm back from my Fantasia cruise and just wanted to post an update.

First, I had a great cruise with very little to complain about. Really only the man in the jeweller's shop who I asked if they had a specific watch in stock ((they are now stocking Chopard) and he told me "No". Looking at the jeweller's window that night, I see EXACTLY the watch I asked for. OK, if he doesn't want my €4500, so be it. His loss! Though I know if I was his manager, he'd have been off the ship the next day! LOL!

The Black party was attended by maybe 20 guests. It said "formal" but the ship dress code that night was tricolore. I went in blazer, chinos and white shirt and was the most "formal" guest there! Most men in shirt & slacks, no jacket. I am a solo traveller and hostess Jolene was assigned to me for the duration. We met lots of the officers (who don't seem to recognise you when meeting you later on the cruise). Cocktails and canapes for an hour and that's it. Fortunately, Jolene was from South Africa, which is where my brother lives and I have visited many times, so my conversation with her was enoyable. Though felt sorry for her that she had drawn short straw and ended up with me!

No chocolate ship!!! Boo - hoo - hoo!

Edited by canny_cruiser

Don't worry the downgrading of food has already started JMO.

Annie

Sorry, Annie, only my humble opinion, but would have to disagree with you, no downgrading on my cruise last week compared to my cruise on same ship 3 years ago. Maybe they have gone up & down in interim, I dunno!

Congratulations on achieving Black!!

Thanks for the updates - looks like they want the "Black" party to be a dressy affair and setting the tone. Interesting that you've been invited as it seems your status was upgraded during the cruise.

Let us know what the "gift" is. I wonder is it the one for being at Gold when you embarked, or will you get the one for Black level? Perhaps it won't matter if it's the same regardless :confused: I'm sure I'll find out soon as I'm at Black and DH is at Gold so we'll each receive one.

Edit: Just seen your response to the laundry issue. The package (I'm assuming) is the 20 items for €25 for wash, dry and fold. I don't use it - I liked the discount I got for having clothes ironed - if that's been discontinued I may have to curtail the number of items I usually get done as ironing service is pretty pricey onboard!

Hi again

Just saw your question about the free gift.

Hate to disppoint you but it is one of those sling bag things advertising MSC Voyager Club. I do use one for going up to sunbathe with my water, lotion, book, sunglasses, etc but the Nike one I already have is much better construction than the MSC one. So, thanks for that MSC, NOT!!!

HAL still do afternoon tea - well that is what they call it.

It wouldn't pass muster in Scotland.

The scones are a joke - honestly they are a quarter of the size I bake and tea made with a teabag in a cup??

I don't intend to upset people but if the ships can't do it right, don't do it all - you are just setting yourself up for a fall. JMO.

Annie

Well, the only question with Cunard is -

Do you put on the jam and then the cream or vice versa? Decisions, decisions!

Both my Mum and my Aunt were home bakers here in Scotland, so I do believe I know what I'm talking about!

Course, I am in West and you are in East, so neither the twain sall meet!

One final thing I want to add. I had an electronic customer satisfaction survey request today. I spent a lot of time filling it in and explaining why I wouldn't be travelling MSC in the future (due to the new Voyager benefits). I have no idea if a human will ever read my responses but I live in hope. I've told them I shan't be booking with MSC agian but intend to build up my loyalty points with Cunard, Azamara and some other lines

I'd urge all higher level MSC Club guests to post similar messages.

Edited by canny_cruiser

Hi again

Just saw your question about the free gift.

Hate to disppoint you but it is one of those sling bag things advertising MSC Voyager Club. I do use one for going up to sunbathe with my water, lotion, book, sunglasses, etc but the Nike one I already have is much better construction than the MSC one. So, thanks for that MSC, NOT!!!

Glad to hear you had a great cruise. Thank you so much for all the interesting info you've posted. We haven't had to wait long to find out about the new benefits thanks to you!

I suppose I'm not really surprised about the "free gift" but I won't be impressed if they don't have a chocolate ship for me - that's my price, minimally, for attending their "Black party"!! :D As for the officers, they really don't like mingling with the passengers - I've danced with a few and you just know some of them would rather be elsewhere!

I would agree with you about no downgrading of the food. In fact, I think, overall, MSC has improved considerably since I started cruising with them in Nov 2011. Sure, there are some offerings which could be better, but, hey, at MSC prices I don't expect haute cuisine!! I never feel the need to snack between meals, anyway!

Afternoon tea in YC is a nice treat. I wouldn't have it every day but it's an enjoyable event, nonetheless. It certainly wouldn't be a "real" British experience with scones and Devon clotted cream, but it's an Italian cruise line and I like that they have there own twist on it!!

All in all, you've given me a good idea of what to expect re the changes to the benefits, so, again, thank you!

Glad to hear you had a great cruise. Thank you so much for all the interesting info you've posted. We haven't had to wait long to find out about the new benefits thanks to you!

I suppose I'm not really surprised about the "free gift" but I won't be impressed if they don't have a chocolate ship for me - that's my price, minimally, for attending their "Black party"!! :D As for the officers, they really don't like mingling with the passengers - I've danced with a few and you just know some of them would rather be elsewhere!

I would agree with you about no downgrading of the food. In fact, I think, overall, MSC has improved considerably since I started cruising with them in Nov 2011. Sure, there are some offerings which could be better, but, hey, at MSC prices I don't expect haute cuisine!! I never feel the need to snack between meals, anyway!

Afternoon tea in YC is a nice treat. I wouldn't have it every day but it's an enjoyable event, nonetheless. It certainly wouldn't be a "real" British experience with scones and Devon clotted cream, but it's an Italian cruise line and I like that they have there own twist on it!!

All in all, you've given me a good idea of what to expect re the changes to the benefits, so, again, thank you!

Hiya again

Nice to see you are on just now.

There is no way I'l sail YC with MSC. I just don't think their systems are capable of a premium product - too many areas you have to interact with standard MSC areas.

I'll go Cunrad Grills first - though I am perfectly happy with Cunard Brittania. The Grill restaurants haave no atmosphere but the Brittania is just like the Titanic and I love it!

Oh, dearie, me. I once thought of applying to Cunard as a host. Cheap cruises but they want their 100% of blood. I was on a Queen Vic Panama transmit from FLL TO LA. The host damaged his ankle. They put him off on Gautemala to find his own flight home! I only know cos some of my ladies usd the gentleman hostess and told me about it.

Well, the only question with Cunard is -

Do you put on the jam and then the cream or vice versa? Decisions, decisions!

Both my Mum and my Aunt were home bakers here in Scotland, so I do believe I know what I'm talking about!

Course, I am in West and you are in East, so neither the twain sall meet!

I am sure you do but maybe I am alone in not liking cream on my scones ? :) just as I prefer strawberries w/o cream.

Annie

N

I am sure you do but maybe I am alone in not liking cream on my scones ? :) just as I prefer strawberries w/o cream.

Annie

Well, it's horses for courses, m'dear, ain'it?

But until they died, I had always intended to open an "electric bakery" for my Mother & Aunt.

Was gonna work them till they dropped. Cruel, aint'I", innit?

Brian

Edited by canny_cruiser

Annie

Probably but my old Mum and her sister cannot compete with your downloads - but they will be far superior to your expectations!