Qm2 ta 2019

OceanLinerGeek24

Hi All-

Let me start off by saying, yes, I know this is very far in the future. However, being someone who has followed the QM2 from the keel laying when I was in high school to finally beginning to plan a trip on her all these years later, it's hard not to get excited.

The stars will finally align and I am looking to plan an westbound TA back to NY in the summer of 2019 after a few weeks in Europe with my husband. Now, I know much could change between now and then, but realistically, when would be the best time to seriously start looking into accommodations and bookings? Besides being a lurker on CC, I am very much a newbie to Cunard cruising and this would be my first Cunard voyage. How far in advance is the next seasons sailings announced?

Thank you for entertaining my somewhat premature giddiness and I'm sure you will be hearing more from me in the future!

Edited by OceanLinerGeek24

Hi OceanLinerGeek24,

FYI, DH and I have booked "early" then followed the price on Cunard website and asked for adjustment, when the fare was reduced. In most cases, Cunard has accommodated our requests. In my opinion, there is no downside to booking as soon as possible.

DH and I have booked 18 months in advance. We like to book early to have our choice of cabins and dining time. Plus, the period of anticipation is also part of the fun.

I haven't paid as much attention to the timing of booking availabilities as Underwatr, but note he is a knowledgeable Cunarder. Follow his advice and enjoy the giddiness. We all feeling it, in one way or another, before sailing.

Regards and have a wonderful voyage, Jimmybean