When to Book Dinner in The Verandah

Peekskill Peach

We will be having dinner in the Britannia at 6:00p.m. Since we are jazz fans and like to do ballroom dancing, we are hoping to be able to make it both to Herbie Hancock's performances and to the ballroom dancing. Can someone more familiar with the daily schedule suggest the best day and time to have dinner in the Verandah?

Thanks for your help.

We will be having dinner in the Britannia at 6:00p.m. Since we are jazz fans and like to do ballroom dancing, we are hoping to be able to make it both to Herbie Hancock's performances and to the ballroom dancing. Can someone more familiar with the daily schedule suggest the best day and time to have dinner in the Verandah?

Thanks for your help.

All I can say is that when we sat down in Verandah we where told it would be a 2 1/2 hours affair and it was.

They also said they can speed it up if so desired. We where happy with the timing and enjoyed the Verandah very much.

Honestly, I don't care if it's a Michelin restaurant, I does not feel like a pleasure to sit for 2 1/2 hours. I thought it was just three courses ? Maybe an amuse bouchée and an intermezzo? This just me, that I am speaking for, of course.

I have it booked for the Jazz cruise also, and we are also Britannia early seating on our return..

Edited by Jacqueline

Not sure what to say really. For me I have booked the top knotch restaurant for the culinary experience. 2 1/2 hours for three courses, amuse bouches, coffee and petit fours sounds like a dream.

If there is an option to speed it up then what more can you ask?

Edited by Mr research

Thanks for your help.

Cunard has published that "The multi Grammy Award winning star will perform three, 45-minute intimate shows in The Royal Court Theatre on board Queen Mary 2's 8-night crossing from Southampton to New York on August 1-9, 2016" -quoted from http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cunard-announces-jazz-legend-herbie-hancock-to-headline-jazz-at-sea-transatlantic-crossing-august-1-2016-300191503.html

I don't know when is the best day/time to have dinner in the Verandah...but my guess that during the eight day crossing, Mr Hancock won't be performing on the first or last night, so that leaves the middle six nights where his three performances might take place.

So, during these three possible six days or nights where he might perform, what is the most likely time he would perform ? My guess is that the performance would start around 10 pm, earliest.

Happily, no one pays me for my guess work :D

Bon voyage,

Salacia

Just to add, if the arrangements are to be the same as last years Jazz voyage (which I was sailing on) don't be disappointed if you are unable to attend 'all three performances' of the headliner Herbie Hancock.

Last year, guests were allocated only one ticket per person for the performance of the headliner in the Royal Court theatre. The tickets were delivered to the stateroom the evening before the performance. Guests dining in Britannia were issued tickets to fit in with their dinning time, i.e. an early or late show.

:)

Thank you. That is very good, although a little disappointing, information.

Don't let me put a damper on your trip, Hopefully the organisation and the opportunity to attend more than one performance will be much better than last year, which I believe it will .

At the London Cruise show earlier this year I managed to speak with a senior exec from Carnival/Cunard and offered him constructive feedback re, last years themed event. He assured me they had learnt a few lessons from last year and they were looking into organising/arranging things differently this time around.

:)