kotor to venice

delgirl

they have now changed our itinerary on our cruise 23 july, not now going to kusadasi but kotor instead. Original itinerary was athens 23july, sea day, kusadasi, santorini, katakolon, sea day then overnight in venice. It is now Athens 23rd july, santorini, katakolon, kotor, then 2 seas days before we get to venice on 29th july (disembark 30th july) Where will we be cruising for the 2 days as kotor not that far from venice. Last year we sailed from venice and got to dubrovnic the very next day. Can't seem to make any sense of it. Feeling confused or will we be cruising at a snails pace.

That's a real shame as Kusadisi is the port for trips to Ephesus, which is the most amazing place to visit. It was the highlight of our trip last year, we had no idea just how impressive it would be. it really annoys me when the cruise companies change such a significant port call at the last minute. Many people will have booked that itinerary on the basis of seeing Ephesus and whilst Kotor is beautiful, it offers a completely different experience.

That's a real shame as Kusadisi is the port for trips to Ephesus, which is the most amazing place to visit. It was the highlight of our trip last year, we had no idea just how impressive it would be. it really annoys me when the cruise companies change such a significant port call at the last minute. Many people will have booked that itinerary on the basis of seeing Ephesus and whilst Kotor is beautiful, it offers a completely different experience.

aaahhhh excuse me>>>>??? Turkey has become a very precarious place politically and otherwise, I think its cancellation is a sign of the times and the reason it was "so late" is probably a sign that the cruise company tried its best to make the port visit work until recent events have proved it to be to unsafe.

Safety first in my mind...

I bet you wouldn't be too happy if they went there and you were inconvenienced onland by "events" either.

Sorry, Im standing by Cunard on this one.

aaahhhh excuse me>>>>??? Turkey has become a very precarious place politically and otherwise, I think its cancellation is a sign of the times and the reason it was "so late" is probably a sign that the cruise company tried its best to make the port visit work until recent events have proved it to be to unsafe.

I bet you wouldn't be too happy if they went there and you were inconvenienced onland by "events" either.

Apart from it's longstanding advice against travel to within 10 km of the Syrian border, the UK FCO has not issued any similar advice regarding travel to elsewhere in Turkey.

Not all cruise lines have cancelled Turkish ports of call.

Apart from it's longstanding advice against travel to within 10 km of the Syrian border, the UK FCO has not issued any similar advice regarding travel to elsewhere in Turkey.

Not all cruise lines have cancelled Turkish ports of call.

I think you'll find that a lot have., NZ has issued a travel advisory Im pretty sure Australia has and if the US hasn't already it wont be far away.

Cunard is usually a little more game than the other cruise lines, we went to Bali on the World Cruise this year when others were pulling out, so if Cunard is pulling out it really says something in my book.

The world is changing very fast, and come November, it could change even faster.

If ever there was need for a Like Button .;)

Couldn't agree more guys.

Can you imagine the furore if something untoward did happen.

Kotor is a pretty good alternative anyway.

15534143786_a2e2b94142_z.jpg

I went to Kusadasi some years ago and thought it was amazing. I did a land based holiday in Montenegro about 3 years ago, staying just outside Kotor.

I thought the scenery in Montenegro lovely and Kotor is like a mini Dubrovnik. Additionally, it is at the end of a beautiful fjord like approach. Certainly a good port change.

• 3 weeks later...