First Timers - Verandah Menu QM2

Jack E Dawson

Is the menu in the Verandah restaurant the same every night. So far all of the pictures I've seen posted on CC of the menu are all the same.

Hi Jack. I wondered the same thing; only one menu is available on line, but I can't imagine the menu would be so static. Looking forward to responses from recent passengers :) -S

Yes, on a three month rotation which makes sense. I guess not too many people, especially those in the Grills, are prepared to spend $$$+ to dine there, more than once or twice during an average 7/8 day crossing .

Lunch time is often more popular due to seasoned Cunarders taking advantage of their Diamond level lunch benefit.

I expect Cunard aren't too much bothered for the time being with changing the Lunch menu frequently ;)

This new restaurant is a welcome addition to QM2, let's hope it is a success as it already is on the QE & Q Vic. The old Todd English was beginning to look a bit dated and the menu didn't change all that frequently.

From what I have heard the menu at the specialty restaurants (Verandah and those in King's Court of an evening) do not change. This is common on other ships. People usually only eat once or twice in a specialty restaurant during a cruise. Stores have to be loaded for several months at a time so it is not possible on a large ship to make frequent changes. I think it is better that they get a set menu right and hit the mark every time than a changing menu that is a bit hit or miss.

The 'Alternative Dining' menus in the Kings Court i.e. Italian,Indian, Pan Asian,Tex Mex and American Smokehouse etc don't change, however, the 'Speciality Restaurant' menu does or will change on a 'rotation cycle', although not too frequently.