New to Queen Victoria, any info on her is welcome including transfer to airport

gam888

We are planning to sail on Queen Victoria in November. We sailed on the Queen Elizabeth before but have not been on Queen Victoria. Could you please tell us if there are two live bands on board? One orchestra in the Queen's Room, and is there another house band in the Hemisphere lounge in the high deck? What type of music do they play? Is there a DJ that play taped music when the band is taking a break? I read somewhere that Darya Chuba and Yevgen Gurin are the professional ballroom dance couple who are performing and teaching dance lessons on the QV now, is that true? We saw them last time on the QE and they were fabulous.

We are thinking of booking the transfer from Civitavecchia to Southhampton after the cruise with the Cunard transfer Bus. One time I read that it is cheaper to book it before we leave from Canada and pay for it before we leave, compared to booking it while we are onboard? Does anyone remember how much Cunard charge you for this transfer if you have booked that while you are on the ship?

Please share any other information on the Victoria, food, entertainment, dance venues are what I am interested the most, and anything else. Thank you in advance.

We are planning to sail on Queen Victoria in November. We sailed on the Queen Elizabeth before but have not been on Queen Victoria. Could you please tell us if there are two live bands on board? One orchestra in the Queen's Room, and is there another house band in the Hemisphere lounge in the high deck? What type of music do they play? Is there a DJ that play taped music when the band is taking a break?

Usually there is even a third band or better another orchestra - the one playing in the show room. Sometimes they perform together with the Queens Room orchestra e.g. on big band night, sometimes a selection of musicians play in a smaller group e.g. as jazz band in the pub.

In the Queens Rooms its ballroom dancing, in the Hemisphere its "disco", "pop", what ever you like to call it - just like in the Yacht club on the QE. In both venues recorded music is played when the band is not playing.

And of cource there the string quartet, the pianist etc.

Edited by carlmm

We are thinking of booking the transfer from Civitavecchia to Southhampton after the cruise with the Cunard transfer Bus.

You may want to google the cost of a shuttle from Southampton to where you are going after the cruise.

If you are looking at travelling to Civitavecchia this link might help http://www.civitavecchiaport.org/how-to-get-there/

You may want to google the cost of a shuttle from Southampton to where you are going after the cruise.

On my last cruise (Celebrity, not Cunard) I travelled to the airport by shared shuttle for 8 people, arranged by someone else. All went well except that my friend and I sat in the front seat and were very cramped. I think those in the back seats were better.

However, on our trip from the airport to Civitavecchia we managed much better. We flew out the day before the cruise to stay in a hotel in Civitavecchia that night. We booked a place on a shared shuttle through the internet. We were the only ones travelling at that time of the evening and so we had a car to ourselves. Very comfortable.

On my last cruise (Celebrity, not Cunard) I travelled to the airport by shared shuttle for 8 people, arranged by someone else. All went well except that my friend and I sat in the front seat and were very cramped. I think those in the back seats were better.

However, on our trip from the airport to Civitavecchia we managed much better. We flew out the day before the cruise to stay in a hotel in Civitavecchia that night. We booked a place on a shared shuttle through the internet. We were the only ones travelling at that time of the evening and so we had a car to ourselves. Very comfortable.

Hi Fantasy 51, could you please tell me who you booked with regarding the shared shuttle from the Rome airport to the port? I presume you don't need to make up a group of people and they will put the group together? Do you remember who the shuttle is from Southampton to Heathrow as well? Thanks.

Hi Fantasy 51, could you please tell me who you booked with regarding the shared shuttle from the Rome airport to the port? I presume you don't need to make up a group of people and they will put the group together? Do you remember who the shuttle is from Southampton to Heathrow as well? Thanks.

I am booked on cruise from Rome to Southampton on 5th November. Flying in to Rome Airport on 4th November and staying at the Hilton at the Airport. Have booked shuttle the next morning from the hotel direct to the ship with Civitavecchia Shuttle Express. Picking us up at 11.00. It is a shared shuttle. The cost is €69 for two of us.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards Pat

Edited by DreamflightPat