Queen Elizabeth - restaurants

Tweetsmum

We are due to sail on Queen Elizabeth in September and I am wondering what the Britannia Club restaurant is please. We have been on both QV and QM and always used Britannia Restaurants but I see from the webpage that freedom dining is available in the Britannia Club......can anyone please tell me if this is available to us? Thankyou

We are due to sail on Queen Elizabeth in September and I am wondering what the Britannia Club restaurant is please. We have been on both QV and QM and always used Britannia Restaurants but I see from the webpage that freedom dining is available in the Britannia Club......can anyone please tell me if this is available to us? Thankyou

Britannia Club is a separate restaurant (where the chart room is on QV) and offers open sitting but this is only for those booked in Britannia Club cabins.

Hi Tweetsmum,

If you are booked into any Britannia grade cabin then the Britannia Restaurant has two seatings for dinner; 6:00 and 8:30. When making your cruise booking you will normally be asked to specify which seating (early or late) you require.

If you have booked a "Britannia Club" grade cabin then the separate Britannia Club Restaurant is open for dinner from 6:30 to 9:00 each evening. You simply turn up when you are ready to dine.

If you have chosen to book a "Princess Grill" cabin then the Princess Grill Restaurant is open for dinner from 6:00 to 9:00 each evening; again you simply arrive for dinner when you wish.

This is also true if you've booked a "Queens Grill" cabin; the Queens Grill Restaurant is open 6:00 to 9:00, arrive whenever you wish during these times.

In all cases above, you will dine at the same table each evening.

In Britannia grade there is open seating for breakfast and lunch; simply arrive when you are ready during opening hours. Each time you visit you will be shown to a different table.

If you have chosen to book either Britannia Club, Princess Grill or Queens Grill accommodation then at breakfast and lunch you can arrive at any time that the restaurant is open, but in these restaurants you will be shown to the same table that you use for your evening meal.

In short, each restaurant is paired with the grade of accommodation you have chosen to book (you cannot "upgrade" yourself to a different restaurant for a meal).

There are also separate "extra charge" restaurants on board that you can book a time to have dinner, as you would at home. I believe they are also open 6:00 to 9:00, simply 'phone or visit in advance to make your reservation, just as you would at a good restaurant on land.

Hope this helps you :) Have a great time on board the Queen Elizabeth.

Edited by pepperrn

Hi, how do you know if you have booked a Britannia grade cabin? I can see Queens and Princess on the website but nothing referring to Britannia.?

The grades are: QG, PG, Britannia Club, Balcony, Ocean View and Inside.

Each category has various sub categories. All are listed on the Cunard "Fares" page.

Stewart

The grades are: QG, PG, Britannia Club, Balcony, Ocean View and Inside.

Each category has various sub categories. All are listed on the Cunard "Fares" page.

Stewart

Sorry, should have mentioned that all except QG and PG are Britannia class.

• 5 months later...

Just to advise you, although 'Britannia Club' offers anytime dining in the evenings (from 6.30 -9pm ish) it is not "Freedom Dining" in the strict sense of the word. In other words, it is not quite like freedom dining on P&O(or on some other cruise lines)

With the Cunard product ( Britannia Club) the guest is allocated a dedicated table for all meals and will be seated with the same table companions for the entire voyage/cruise (unless on a table for two)

Unlike some other cruise lines who offer 'Freedom Dining', the guest will be unable to mix and match their dining companions or allocated table size.

I mention this as I experienced a rather unpleasant problem the first evening on my last voyage in Britannia Club. One couple, first time on Cunard formally P&O on my table of six were unaware that they would be dining with the same group of people for the entire voyage. They assumed that they could mix and match the size of their dining table for each meal and also dine with different table companions. which I understand is possible with 'freedom dining' on other ships ?

It was an unpleasant experience and a little embarrassing to say the least, because they called the Maitre'd to the table to complain in front of four shocked guests :D

To cut a long story short ,the next morning at breakfast we noticed that they had managed to secure a table for two in the corner of the dining room.

Edited by Bell Boy