Two more ships joining the fleet.

This was tucked away at the bottom of the recent email about choosing the dining theme on Discovery:

We're pleased to announce that in summer 2018 and 2019 we'll be welcoming two ships to the Thomson Cruises fleet.

Stay up-to-date on our Facebook page.

Can someone who is on F/B post the details on here please.

Thanks,

Malc.

Edited by Malch_uk

So these "new" ships are simply replacements - two in, two out ?

Therefore the fleet is not being expanded and there will be little or no scope for new itineraries.

I had hoped Thomsons would consider returning to UK ports for cruises to Northern Europe etc.

I was in a Thomson shop yesterday and was chatting about the Majesty. When I asked if she would be leaving in 2017 the answer was she is up for renewal then but there may be a chance she will kept as she is quite popular so who knows.

I was in a Thomson shop yesterday and was chatting about the Majesty. When I asked if she would be leaving in 2017 the answer was she is up for renewal then but there may be a chance she will kept as she is quite popular so who knows.

not as popular as Spirit

not as popular as Spirit

the majesty is the least favourite thomson ship, has been the bottom for a while, think thats why its doing the tuesdays from palma next summer, i know a lot of the staff don't like the ship

The Majesty is my favourite Thomson ship :D

The single cabins on Celebration/Spirit are awful and although Dream has decent cabins if you book the right one i don't like the layout of the ship.

The majesty is the least favourite from the thomson reviews, the spirit had gone to no 4 but has gone up again, the dream is currently no1 for reviews

Intereting news about the new ships. It is a shame they're not expanding the fleet as more variety of cruise areas would be nice. I too echo WeeCountryMan's comment earlier about UK based ships. I really wish Thomson would offer no-fly options.

We've been on a good number of Thomson cruises now and the airport/flight 'experience' at the start and end of the holiday is always such a let down compared to the actual on-board experience. It doesn't help so many itineries are now based out of Marmaris, that bus transfer from Dalaman is a killer!

Our next holiday will have to be with a different cruise line I fear...

imo the thoms flight/transfer experience is pretty slick/seamless not exectly painless but thoms do it well imo.... compared to the easy jet/costa/other lines dumped at the airport 10 hours before your flight experience

not everyone can gettaway to the sunshine of the med during summer (or afford the hiked summer prices)

where would an ex uk cruise ship go in the winter? other than freezing cold round britain/europe, 5 days at sea caribbean/east coast america trans atlantics and back or southampton - brugges weekend booze cruises

P&O and Fred seem to manage OK Geo ;)

but its freezin cold tho linda (surely they have to scrape the ice of the pools each morning).... tbh canaries aren't warm enough for me in winter either:( ... for me its gotta be somewhere hot & sunny in winter... that means long haul.... necessary evil unfortunately (thoms dreamliner's not too bad... better than the virgin old crate):p