Dancing?

petern6827

Hello Sea Dreamers,

FYI. My DW and I cruise about once/year. Recent trips have included the Celebrity X (Galapagos), a Seabourne Caribbean (little sister), a HAL to Bermuda and a Caribbean on Azamara.

All we feel have been... a hoot!

Anyway...We have realized that the only time we get to dance together...(and channel John Travolta (and partner) in "Just Like a Woman" and "Night Fever"... is on a cruise! )

We're know we're not that good. But after a few pre-dinner cocktails...a nice to superlative meal ...and an after dinner drink... We are Fred and Ginger!

Ha!

A cruise is the only time we seem to be able to completely relax, snorkel, scuba dive, dance and generally 'let go'!

So. ...a Question:

We're now looking at a November 2017 Sea Dream Barbados to Barbados cruise thru the Grenadines (which btw we sailed thru last 40 years ago!).

We're 90% sold on it.

But....

What do you think? Everything looks perfect on Sea Dream.

But...

Can we dance?...

Shall we dance?

Thanks, in advance foe your thoughts.

Peter

Hello Sea Dreamers,

FYI. My DW and I cruise about once/year. Recent trips have included the Celebrity X (Galapagos), a Seabourne Caribbean (little sister), a HAL to Bermuda and a Caribbean on Azamara.

All we feel have been... a hoot!

Anyway...We have realized that the only time we get to dance together...(and channel John Travolta (and partner) in "Just Like a Woman" and "Night Fever"... is on a cruise! )

We're know we're not that good. But after a few pre-dinner cocktails...a nice to superlative meal ...and an after dinner drink... We are Fred and Ginger!

Ha!

A cruise is the only time we seem to be able to completely relax, snorkel, scuba dive, dance and generally 'let go'!

So. ...a Question:

We're now looking at a November 2017 Sea Dream Barbados to Barbados cruise thru the Grenadines (which btw we sailed thru last 40 years ago!).

We're 90% sold on it.

But....

What do you think? Everything looks perfect on Sea Dream.

But...

Can we dance?...

Shall we dance?

Thanks, in advance foe your thoughts.

Peter

Hi Peter (and welcome),

Unfortunately this is not an area where Hum has much expertise .......... so it's over to Jim "snake hips" Avery for that one.

Hum thought The Commander "cut some fast moves" on the dance floor too but it transpired he was slipping around on some ice spilled from a drink......nevertheless it was pretty impressive all the same.

But his expertise is really "crooning" on a bar stool; no it's not very dynamic that's true but it's super cool ...... sends the ladies "gag-ga" (Hum too !).

If you still have no helpful advice, Hum will ask Blondie for her views suffice to say, of course you can dance.

You are encouraged to dance and you don't have to be good at all.

Very few are at Jim's standard though.

His "paso doble" makes your eye's water (as it does him when he does the splits in those tight pants especially when he lands on his "maracas" !).

SD is a relaxed vessel, heck people are making complete idiots of themselves all the time and Hum should know.

Nothing to stop you Freddie.

You will be with like minded chums.

All the very best to you and Ginger.

The only "dancing" I have personally witnessed took place on Charlie's office table at the TOY Bar. I try to contain myself when aboard as SeaDream is like a cheap hotel.........no ballroom.:eek::D

Please allow me to clarify that Jim and I have not previously cruised together. Hence, I was not involved in whatever it was that Jim witnessed. I have, however, on occasion been known to utter: "Le dans c'est ma vie....". That though is quite another story altogether.

I have heard references to a "disco night" on board, but don't know if it is in the lounge or the TOY bar. I try to make sure Zimmy doesn't know that there might be dancing somewhere on the ship. It isn't that I have two left feet; it is that the other one just ain't right.

I am sure Blondie will say that of course you may dance. Music seems to accompany her wherever she goes. And I don't mean just when Ho-Hum has had the 3-bean salad at lunch.

Please allow me to clarify that Jim and I have not previously cruised together. Hence, I was not involved in whatever it was that Jim witnessed. I have, however, on occasion been known to utter: "Le dans c'est ma vie....". That though is quite another story altogether.

That is true that we have not as yet inflicted the dual damage on the TOY Bar that sailing together would produce. Yet everyone knows where the legendary "Office" is.:D

To get serious for a minute, there is often a Disco Night on board and I have seen many people dance in the Piano Bar after dinner. You can always request music that you would like to dance to.

You will love SD and that Barbados to Barbados cruise. We did it once a few years ago and will be repeating in February.

Well, I'm not sure about dancing..... but it does seem that SeaDreamers (at least as represented here) have a flair I find intriguing.

I'm in!

I will find somewhere...sometime...to 'shuffle off to Buffalo'.

If the stars align, we will be there. Booking today.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts (and experiences).

(BTW. FWIW. Someone told me recently that the 'shuffle off to Buffalo' tap step is now simply called 'The Buffalo'.)

(Being from Buffalo... that made me kinda misty.)

I don't think you will regret your decision! And I think you will find a place to dance! Just tell the crew you want to dance. They will make it happen! They do not like to tell you no if the request is reasonable. It is the same for dining. I am allergic to caviar. They had deviled eggs with caviar on top for the BBQ. So I asked if they had any without, so they made some just for me.

You will be impressed! Have a great cruise!

I can also confirm that when we have been on board (including doing the Barbados RT earlier this year), there was a Disco night at TOYBar. Amount of dancing depends on number interested and sometimes level of inebriation:eek: I can say the my DW was once photographed dancing on a bar stool at TOYBar but I've been forbidden to release the evidence:D