Early breakfast closing in Blu and Lumina, thoughts?

Kevnzworld

I agree with you entirely that Luminae should be open longer hours. I'd especially like to see them bring back brunch, as that was a nice way to spend a lazy sea day breakfast/lunch... Maybe that is just me.

BUT, I will disagree with you on the Seabourn comparison. We were on the transatlantic this past spring on Seabourn and main dining room breakfast was usually 8:30 - 9:30 (or 8-9, I can't recall exactly. But it was one hour.) Lunch was 12:00 - 1:30. Somehow I managed to miss breakfast daily in the restaurant and still not starve :)

The Colonnade on Seabourn is civilized, and great for both lunch and breakfast. Yes, it has a buffet, but like Oceania, it also has wait service and menu items.

Seabourn's Collonade is open until 10 am by the way......as is Oceania's breakfast.

And how many others are there at the same time? Be honest (I'm honestly curious).

There are always a few...LOL!!!

Now matter how hard I try I have never been able to sleep in ..rarely past 6:30 and I like my evening meal at 5PM not later . I like to have my meal digested before I go to bed so I can rest well

Usually am there at 6PM on a cruise

On our last cruise in the Caribbean, I ate in Blu twice at breakfast. Hope the other passengers didn't mind seeing me with my hair sticking straight up, and no make up, because there just wasn't time. I really wanted to try the breakfast, after paying extra for blu, and reading all of the recommendations here. I get up for work every day at 5am, but on vacation I just want to relax a little! Maybe this is what the cruise line is hoping, that the majority of passengers will just head up to the buffet, saving them the additional costs.

There are always a few...LOL!!!

Now matter how hard I try I have never been able to sleep in ..rarely past 6:30 and I like my evening meal at 5PM not later . I like to have my meal digested before I go to bed so I can rest well

Usually am there at 6PM on a cruise

Thanks for your report. I still suspect that there are more people who miss the cutoff than who are lined up waiting for them to open. At the prices paid, I agree with the OP that they need to be much more flexible with their operating times.