Celebrity luggage valet

Luvcrusn

My DH and I have enjoyed using celebrity cruises luggage valet . It's the service available for a per passenger fee plus your checked baggage fees to the airline where you put your bag out the last night of the cruise, get your boarding pass aboard ship, proceed directly to airport security check in and next see your luggage at your home airport.it has made the return travel seamless and much less hassle than claiming bags in the terminal! We used it in February on our last cruise, but recently saw on here that this service is no longer available. Does anyone know if this is accurate? Why did they get rid of it?

Yes, it was a great way to end a cruise...not having to drag luggage around! The vendor that offered this service went out of business...at least that is the explanation that I have heard.

We did notice that the service was not publicized much on our Jan cruise out of FLL. There was a paragraph in the daily paper the day before the deadline to sign up. On our cruise, forms were not distributed to each stateroom.

Yes, it was a great way to end a cruise...not having to drag luggage around! The vendor that offered this service went out of business...at least that is the explanation that I have heard.

We did notice that the service was not publicized much on our Jan cruise out of FLL. There was a paragraph in the daily paper the day before the deadline to sign up. On our cruise, forms were not distributed to each stateroom.

I don't think the vendor went out of business, if so, there are other vendors out there. RC is still offering it and I'm sure a number of other cruise lines are too.

My DH and I have enjoyed using celebrity cruises luggage valet . It's the service available for a per passenger fee plus your checked baggage fees to the airline where you put your bag out the last night of the cruise, get your boarding pass aboard ship, proceed directly to airport security check in and next see your luggage at your home airport.it has made the return travel seamless and much less hassle than claiming bags in the terminal! We used it in February on our last cruise, but recently saw on here that this service is no longer available. Does anyone know if this is accurate? Why did they get rid of it?

Sad but true the information you heard is correct. We have heard that they did not renew there contract yet we have heard that other lines still have that service. Hopefully it will come back some how or some way.

Sadly, that news is accurate. I was told that the company which offered it did not renew their contract.

It was Celebrity that didn't renew the contract.:(

When people were first calling to complain they were being told the (inaccurate) reason above but as more and more of us called the reps started to be more honest and are now just telling people they really don't know why Celebrity didn't renew.

Princess still offers the service.

If you want to see it reinstated please call and/or write and make your opinion known:

Celebrity at celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com.

Or : https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport

The more requests they get the more likely they will be to reinstate the program. One can hope!

See this thread on the same topic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51162468#post51162468

Edited by chamima

Sad but true the information you heard is correct. We have heard that they did not renew there contract yet we have heard that other lines still have that service. Hopefully it will come back some how or some way.

I spoke with and emailed the captains club and the nice rep I spoke with suggested that captains club members should call and email if they want it back. They are getting a lot of complaints about the program being dropped. If members do both it will count twice. You can email them at celebrityonetouch@celebrity.come. the more complaints the better the chance that they will hear their loyal client'side voices.

We sailed in February and used the service, but asked the concierge for info about it, there was just a small mention of it on our cruise as well on the night before the deadline as well. If you like the program, call and email. Maybe we'll be heard!

I spoke with and emailed the captains club and the nice rep I spoke with suggested that captains club members should call and email if they want it back. They are getting a lot of complaints about the program being dropped. If members do both it will count twice. You can email them at celebrityonetouch@celebrity.come. the more complaints the better the chance that they will hear their loyal client'side voices.

Will do. A lot of convenience for us.

We sailed in February and used the service, but asked the concierge for info about it, there was just a small mention of it on our cruise as well on the night before the deadline as well. If you like the program, call and email. Maybe we'll be heard!

Here's hoping!

How disappointing !!!!!!!

I purposely scheduled my flight home later in the day to take advantage of this wonderful service. Now I have to drag my luggage around with me.

I understand Princess offers this same service, something to consider when booking my next cruise.

:(:(:( Come on Celebrity bring back my smile and luggage valet service.

How disappointing !!!!!!!

I purposely scheduled my flight home later in the day to take advantage of this wonderful service. Now I have to drag my luggage around with me.

I understand Princess offers this same service, something to consider when booking my next cruise.

:(:(:( Come on Celebrity bring back my smile and luggage valet service.

Yes, Princess does offer the same service.:) We changed our cruise from Celebrity to Princess (same sailing date) because of this. The way Celebrity handled it was lacking any consideration for passengers. It just seems odd that Celebrity is the only one who discontinued this service:mad:

Yes, we did contact Celebrity to voice our displeasure and person we spoke to had a could care less attitude

Edited by Happy2cruise

Way to go! Maybe if enough of us contact them we'll be heard. I purposely scheduled my flight in December late enough to use the service. Did it through Choice Air in June and even asked to be certain my flight was late enough. Of course it's a non-refundable fare, so now we are stuck waiting around with luggage all day. It would have been nice if X mentioned its suspension of luggage valet on its website, or included in their daily sales email a blurb that this was happening. We would have made other plans. Very inconsiderate.