Silhouette - First Caribbean Cruise After Transatlantic

blueboro

We are booked for the November 20th Silhouette cruise (Thanksgiving week) and were surprised to see it was the first Caribbean sailing after returning from Europe. Seems late for that. My question is, due to this being the first time returning to the states for many months, has anyone experienced delayed boarding when this is the situation?

It all depends on what time the ship actually arrives in the US and how organized immigration is on that particular day. On an Eclipse transatlantic a few years ago, I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and since my cabin was on the port side, I could see hundreds of crew members lined up to go through immigration. By the time passengers were scheduled to disembark, they were all done and we left right on time. On another transatlantic, we went to Blu for breakfast and the Maitre D' asked if we were in a hurry. We said we were not and he told us that service would be slow because half of his staff was still working its way through immigration.

We were on Reflection last Nov the first cruise out of Miami after a transatlantic. Celebrity sent us a notice not to show up until 1PM. They did not start boarding until after 2PM. There were long lines. This delay was due to CBP not clearing the ship and crew until that time. That was our experience but others might have had better luck. No telling what CPB will do.