"Go Big Perk" - not on booking confirmation

dsarah

Made booking with Celebrity on Sept. 5 for a cruise in Feb. 2018, and selected "prepaid gratuities" for the perk. They said it would take 10 days for it to show up on the booking confirmation. The confirmation shows the prepaid gratuity but adds it to the final payment amount. It has now been 22 days so I called Celebrity. Their answer is that because the cruise is in 2018 it will take them longer than normal to correct the confirmation.

That doesn't make sense to me -- they advertise the "perk(s)" but they can't apply it right away? I think they are hoping that people forget. I like to have things corrected before I put it away in my travel file or I may well forget when 2018 rolls around. So I will keep calling every few days. Anyone else have difficulty getting their "perk" documented?

I chose the Drink Package for my perk for next years cruise and was finally able to find it under "Order History" under "Manage my reservation". The problem I have is that my reservation keeps switching back to "On Hold" after being listed as Booked. No one can give me an answer.

In my experience, the initial booking confirmation show the gratuities as a charge then later a new confirmation will arrive with a credit against the gratuities charge. For some strange reason there is a 2 step process 1 that charges and the 2nd crediting the charge.

We have received the 2nd booking confirmation anywhere from 10 days to 6-7 weeks after booking. The farther out the booking was the longer it took for the 2nd booking confirmation. We have always gotten every perk we selected so I don't think it is a attempt to not give the perks. Celebrity just has very poor IT systems.

Edited by jelayne

Same annoying thing happened to me when we booked and sailed on a cruise earlier this year including two free perks at the time. I ended up booking through an agent at the time, and they ended up providing me with some sort of written proof that I did indeed have these perks (grats & drinks) and not to be charged for them. All worked out fine in the end, but would have been so much easier if my booking clearly reflected all of this info from the time of making the actual booking.

How their computer system and software works is news to me. I don't know how they keep it straight. The coding, different locations of things not in the same online vs printed off original copy's of confirmation is complete chaos. All I can say is take a hard copy with you when you board ship and try to know what you bought..

It's anyone's guess how it works. I'm sure they've lost a lot of customers not willing to make all the phone calls and deal with the stress just to take a vacation. They most likely would move on to another cruise line.

On a positive note weve been on one Celebrity cruise and had a fabulous time..

We too were charged for gratuities on the initial invoice, and a new invoice was sent to us with a day or two reflecting the

Amended and correct version. We booked through our TA and she warned us at the outset that gratuities would show up and then ultimately "drop off."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did check "Manage my Reservation" first and its not there. I don't like that I have to keep checking to make sure my perk is documented especially since some have reported having to wait weeks or months.

I know that we are told that there will be a delay in posting the perks that are supposed to be included. But Celebrity has had these kinds of "deals" for quite a while now -- shouldn't they have a system in place to immediately record the deal that they are advertising and that you purchased. It works that way for other types of reservations -- a hotel room with breakfast or other amenity included is clearly stated on the receipt.

I have had that same problem a couple of times.

My solution:

Call Captain's Club, not regular representatives.

Tell them the issue, and explain you have asked several times to have this fixed. They seem to have a way to get this squared away, and send me a new booking confirm that shows the correct amount.

BTW, that new confirm may never match the on-line booking amounts, but as long as you have the paper confirm, you are golden

Good Luck, and happy cruising!

I purchased the Go Best, and my initial conformation didn't break anything down. About 1 week later, it showed up using manage my reservation. I just printed that out and put it with my conformation.

Does it show the premium alcohol package in your order history, or the classic?

I also went with Go Best and it only says classic. I can't remember what it said for my last cruise...

Please let me know how you make out. Mine says classic and it should be premium. I get so tired of calling.....Thanks.

I ended up emailing Celebrity, but got no response. I then emailed my travel agent. He said that someone on Celebrity's end coded it incorrectly and it is now fixed.

I'd recommend that you do the same, good luck!

Made booking with Celebrity on Sept. 5 for a cruise in Feb. 2018, and selected "prepaid gratuities" for the perk. They said it would take 10 days for it to show up on the booking confirmation. The confirmation shows the prepaid gratuity but adds it to the final payment amount. It has now been 22 days so I called Celebrity. Their answer is that because the cruise is in 2018 it will take them longer than normal to correct the confirmation.

That doesn't make sense to me -- they advertise the "perk(s)" but they can't apply it right away? I think they are hoping that people forget. I like to have things corrected before I put it away in my travel file or I may well forget when 2018 rolls around. So I will keep calling every few days. Anyone else have difficulty getting their "perk" documented?

We've had similar problems, but always use a big cruise TA. Anytime we've had the issue, the TA straightens it out immediately. We've also had "booked" status change to "on hold" and again, one call to the TA and it's fixed. Did you book directly with X? If so, you might need to be vigilant since in my experience their IT department leaves a bit to be desired, but they will straighten it out eventually if you keep on it.

I ended up emailing Celebrity, but got no response. I then emailed my travel agent. He said that someone on Celebrity's end coded it incorrectly and it is now fixed.

I'd recommend that you do the same, good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement. I called and got it straightened out. They did have me down for classic when it should be premium. My new booking confirmation reflects premium and I will keep an eye on the Order History online. Before my last confirmation was sent I verbally confirmed with her premium, but, the C after the Promo should have clued me in. It now shows P for premium. I have spent SO much time(and phone callS) on this particular reservation with Celebrity because of THEIR inefficiency. I am reaching my limit. I have an upcoming Princess cruise and their website and the Princess Vacation Planner is a dream to deal with.

Marie

We made the booking thru Celebrity reservation department, not a travel agent.

Just called the Captain's Club and they fixed it immediately and emailed the new invoice. The gratuities are zeroed out. Amazing that they are able correct it immediately and the reservation dept. can not. They did apologize for what its worth.

Sad that this seems to be the norm since others have problems also. Calling the Captain's Club number seems to be the way to go if you've booked direct with Celebrity.

Thanks!