Silhouette March 27 2016

kasowell2

Here is a short synopsis of our Silhouette cruise:

Likes: Quick embarkation, Blu, bar service, enough onboard activities but not too much.

Loves: Blu waiters (Rambo and Yacine) and sommeliers. They were fantastic.

Dislikes: Terrible debarkation process in that dock at Ft. Lauderdale. Impossible to get a porter unless one man gave them permission. Felt like he controlled the process. Getting different information from different people. Ask different staff the same question and get different answers.

No designated waiting area for Aqua Class to wait until disembarking. What's up with that all the other areas (suites and concierge) had a designated area.

St. Maarten has ruined Orient beach. What was once a quaint area now seems to be just like every other beach in the world.

Hates: The photographers on this cruise were obnoxiously pushy. I understand they are trying to push photos but a polite no should suffice. And the pirate at the ports was so forceful and grabbing everyone I finally had to raise my voice and tell him/her to get their hands off me. I don't want your hands on me after you've touched 100's of other people.

Overall another fantastic cruise on Celebrity and looking forward to our June 2017 Alaskan cruise

I was on that very same cruise and found the photographers completely wonderful and not pushy at all! They took interesting kinds of poses that made for wonderful photos in the end.

I agree on the disembarkation process… It was horrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I guess I'm just picking on photographers. This time. Maybe it's because I detest the tremendous markup on pictures but here's my minor irritant. Please realize we had a fantastic trip but I'm mainly hoping celebrity will see these things and reconsider.

At night the photographers were set up in such a way that pedestrian traffic was almost impossible. They had one set up at the end of the stairs overlooking the foyer, then around the corner in front of Cellar masters, and then another one on the other side of the elevators. You could not pass theses on any side and it made photobombing a lot of fun but tripping on the candles were not

Likes: Quick embarkation, Blu, bar service, enough onboard activities but not too much.

Dislikes: Terrible debarkation process in that dock at Ft. Lauderdale. Impossible to get a porter unless one man gave them permission. Felt like he controlled the process. Getting different information from different people. Ask different staff the same question and get different answers.

No designated waiting area for Aqua Class to wait until disembarking. What's up with that all the other areas (suites and concierge) had a designated area.

St. Maarten has ruined Orient beach. What was once a quaint area now seems to be just like every other beach in the world.

Hates: The photographers on this cruise were obnoxiously pushy. I understand they are trying to push photos but a polite no should suffice. And the pirate at the ports was so forceful and grabbing everyone I finally had to raise my voice and tell him/her to get their hands off me. I don't want your hands on me after you've touched 100's of other people.

Overall another fantastic cruise on Celebrity and looking forward to our June 2017 Alaskan cruise

Rambo was always the best on the Summit. Remembered us from year to year.

• 5 months later...

Rambo is the best, right? We had him on the Summit last year and by a minor miracle, he was on our Silhouette cruise a few months later.

• 1 month later...

We were on the same cruise. First time on Celebrity and loved it! We are doing the Western Caribbean this March on the Reflection and can't wait. We are persons that do not like our photo taken but did not find the photographers intrusive in any way. We have experienced this on other cruise lines. and it was one of the things that warmed us to Celebrity. For us the disembarkation went smoothly It may have been we were part of a group from Canada and were very impressed how organized it was , some one from Celebrity was always available to point you in the right direction from our home airport to pier and back home again. Thankfully we all have different experiences and I like to point out the positive.