Millennium and Solstice back to Europe 2018?

shipfriend_max

Hi @all,

Here I have found a cruise call list of the French Riviera ports: http://www.riviera-ports.com/nos-services/croisiere/planning-escale

Interestingly, both Millennium and Solstice are listed for the French Riviera, I think it is Cannes.

Just fill in the date range for 2018, and you will see.

Either those are placeholders for other ships, or they are indeed coming back to Europe, and get to be replaced by other ships on their Alaska itineraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by shipfriend_max

Hi @all,

Here I have found a cruise call list of the French Riviera ports: http://www.riviera-ports.com/nos-services/croisiere/planning-escale

Interestingly, both Millennium and Solstice are listed for the French Riviera, I think it is Cannes.

Just fill in the date range for 2018, and you will see.

Either those are placeholders for other ships, or they are indeed coming back to Europe, and get to be replaced by other ships on their Alaska itineraries.

Fewer Americans are traveling to Europe, not sure what is going on.

Could be, Solstice is in Australia in the winter (northern hemisphere) and Millennium in Asia for several months.

Edited by 4774Papa
more

Could be, Solstice is in Australia in the winter (northern hemisphere) and Millennium in Asia for several months.

But for those two ships all itineraries until April 2018 are set, unless X is going to cancel and change then again.

RCCL and X have been doing so many other seasons as well, so maybe those itineraries might be affected and re-planned as well, let's see... [emoji848]

Those dates are in May. Solstice is in Alaska then.

Also, as the date is in May it is outside the schedules commented on above so quite an accurate potential. Perhaps Edge will service Alaska when it launches in 2018 - or another ship gets deployed there and Edge replaces it.

Millennium is also a roamer so not surprising it may move on again.

As I wrote above, the already available cruises for 2018 are no indicator that the ships will not be relocated. Look at Legend otS, many 2017 cruises are cancelled due to her leaving of the RCCL fleet, or Equinox' 2017 itineraries also have been cancelled.

RCCL and Celebrity have done so also years before, so IMHO the relocation to Europe of both ships might be true...

This ties in with some earlier rumours we heard from someone aboard a Solsrice cruise and the officers told them she would be relocating and cruising from Australia to Europe via Asia and Suez Canal etc. thought it interesting at the time as she has always repositioned to/from Oz via Hawaii. Only time will tell if there is more than speculation to the possible changes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apparently, Solstice is more and more likely to come back to Europe in 2018, she is also listed for Le Havre, France, in 2018 for three times:

https://www.havre-port.com/show/2077

Seems she might overtake the British Isles and Baltic cruises from Amsterdam, operated by Silhouette in 2016/17 - or something new for Solstice gets to be planned...

• 3 weeks later...
We are booked on a sailing from Hawaii to Vancouver 29 April 2018,

So can't really see how she can get to Europe .

Maybe it's the new Edge clas on her maiden deployment

They will need to adjust itineraries/ships at some stage so IF the rumours are true you could find yourself on a different ship same itinerary or have your cruise totally altered.

Happened to us just recently where Royal changed schedule of Ovation of the Seas and a reposition cruise we were booked on 23Jan16 was rescheduled for a month later 20Feb16. [emoji33].

Please don't think I wish this on you!! Just saying nothing is 100% set in stone even with existing schedules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And as I wrote above, the bookings for these ships are _after_ the extent of 2018 schedules already released which is to April, so there isn't any conflict or relevance to what is already available. There is no overlap.

But we know printed schedules mean jack. My guess is they'll be a redeployment announcement soon. Maybe Connie to the Westcoast?

Unless Solstice turns into the enterprise, she can't complete her Sydney to Vancouver cruise and then summer in Europe.

Edited by Cruise Junky

Edge class is scheduled to enter service in autumn 2018 but not before, or am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

But we know printed schedules mean jack. My guess is they'll be a redeployment announcement soon. Maybe Connie to the Westcoast?

Unless Solstice turns into the enterprise, she can't complete her Sydney to Vancouver cruise and then summer in Europe.

Sure. I'd expect Solstice to be redirected to the northwest out of Sydney at the end of the season if they go ahead with these plans.

Sure. I'd expect Solstice to be redirected to the northwest out of Sydney at the end of the season if they go ahead with these plans.

Rumor is that at the end of season in Sydney she will sail to Europe through the Suez canal to start cruising there. Hopefully a different S class ship will do the Sydney to Honolulu and Honolulu to Vancouver then Alaska for the summer

Rumor is that at the end of season in Sydney she will sail to Europe through the Suez canal to start cruising there. Hopefully a different S class ship will do the Sydney to Honolulu and Honolulu to Vancouver then Alaska for the summer

I cannot see how both these options are possible, it would be one or the other.

I suspect they use these names as placeholders as the poster above suggests. Some of these ports apparently are difficult to book unless they reserve spots a long way out. Why would they pull Solstice out of Austrialia unless they had a new ship headed down there (no new ships coming in 2018 that I've heard about)?

I suspect they use these names as placeholders as the poster above suggests. Some of these ports apparently are difficult to book unless they reserve spots a long way out. Why would they pull Solstice out of Austrialia unless they had a new ship headed down there (no new ships coming in 2018 that I've heard about)?

I agree, however, stranger things have happened so I hope you are right as well.:D

Why would they pull Solstice out of Austrialia unless they had a new ship headed down there (no new ships coming in 2018 that I've heard about)?

Actually the timing fits with the arrival of Edge.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50853601&postcount=6

Edited by The_Big_M