Sky Suite Perks? - Silouette Jan 2018

PaperSniper4

I've booked a sky suite in January 2018 for our 50th anniversary. I have two questions:

1. I thought the sky suites had access to Michael's, but I read this:

Michael's Club-

A private lounge for those in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members. ........ HERE.

But I also found THIS which indicates Sky Suite passenger may use Michael's?

2. Even with room service and early opening places, we still occasionally get up early, like 0400, and want our coffee NOW! :D For that reason, we like to have a small coffee maker available in our cabin so we can make a cup or two before we venture out and about. Many of the NCL ships have a coffee maker in the room, but it's been awhile since I sailed on Celeb, but I do not recall one in our last cabins. I suspect there is not one, but thought I'd ask. I do know a butler is available after 0600, and there is of course room service.

Thanks!:cool:

Edited by PaperSniper4

The part of the web site that you provided a link to is incorrect, seems Celebrity forgot to update it. You do have access to Michaels Club, here's a link to another part of the web site:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/celebrity-suite-class

There are no coffee post in Celebrity staterooms. I think your only options that early are the coffee station at the buffet that is available 24 hours, or room service which has a fee that early in the morning. We haven't sailed on Silhouette yet but I understand there is a room on one of the decks that also has coffee. Perhaps someone else can provide more info on that.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

The part of the web site that you provided a link to is incorrect, seems Celebrity forgot to update it. You do have access to Michaels Club, here's a link to another part of the web site:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/celebrity-suite-class

There are no coffee post in Celebrity staterooms. I think your only options that early are the coffee station at the buffet that is available 24 hours, or room service which has a fee that early in the morning. We haven't sailed on Silhouette yet but I understand there is a room on one of the decks that also has coffee. Perhaps someone else can provide more info on that.

Thanks for that information. Sounds good on Michael's. Now if they can just make a decent gin martini, up............:cool:

Charges for coffee from room service, even at an early, pre-arranged time; or maybe that's only for "on demand" coffee? That seems odd. In any event, since there is no coffee maker in the cabin I'll have to hoof it to the Lido deck or where ever else I can fetch a couple of cups of coffee for us to enjoy in the cabin or balcony. Having morning coffee on the balcony and watching the ocean flow by is one of our main reasons for sailing.

We are on Silhouette the cruise after yours in January and we are also in a Sky Suite. Congrats on 50 years - a wonderful achievement! Michael's Club does have a coffee machine - but nobody will be there at 4AM. However you might ask the concierge to show you how to use it yourself. I have seen others do this. If you can sleep until 6AM Cafe al Bacio will be open. One of our favorite spots on Celebrity. If you have a beverage package this will give you free premium coffee there or in the bar in the Oceanview Cafe.

or room service which has a fee that early in the morning.

Seems like I remember reading that all suites are exempt from any fees associated with early/late room service deliveries... or i might have been told that by one of our butlers. Either way, mention it to your butler and see if he has an idea. If you have a good one, they should be able to recommend the best course of action.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!

Thanks for that information. Sounds good on Michael's. Now if they can just make a decent gin martini, up............:cool:

Charges for coffee from room service, even at an early, pre-arranged time; or maybe that's only for "on demand" coffee? That seems odd. In any event, since there is no coffee maker in the cabin I'll have to hoof it to the Lido deck or where ever else I can fetch a couple of cups of coffee for us to enjoy in the cabin or balcony. Having morning coffee on the balcony and watching the ocean flow by is one of our main reasons for sailing.

Congratulations on your anniversary. I hope you enjoy Michael's Club, our favourite venue for pre and post dinner drinks. If you like your gin martini made with specific brands, certain strength, just let the staff know and they will mix it to perfection!

Another vote for early coffee from Cafe El Bachio!

I thought out of hours (night time) room service was still free for suites although payable for others..never used it but I thought it was free, perhaps someone else can come in on this...

Edited by chemmo

Michael's has a self serve Nespresso machine with a dozen varieties. You should be able to go in (24 hours) and make yourself a cup and relax there whenever you like.

Room service fees are also waived for suites so that should cover you. I'm sure you can ask your butler to leave a standing order with the overnight room service team to bring you a carafe each morning at 4AM if you like too.

They'll take care of you! ;-)

It couldn't hurt to ask once onboard. A while back there was a post announcing changes to the onboard food and beverage services and someone (Wallie?) posted a link to a new all-inclusive package that was to be available on the Equinox. It included a Nespresso machine in your room for the length of the cruise. My guess is that they may expand to the other ships eventually. That would mean that there would at least be Nespresso machines available somewhere on board. It would be nice if they put them in suites.

There are no room service fees for Suites (for normal menu items but we've ordered off menu many times and never been charged).

You can have coffee delivered from Cafe Al Bacio at any time by your butler, which regardless of drink package is free (even if you dont' have a package). So if you don't have a pacakge, your better off having your butler delvier than going to the Cafe and paying. Finally, the butler's pantries also have Capicinno machines :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I recently purchased a "Thermos" brand travel mug that keeps my hot tea warm all day. You might want to test one to see if it will keep your coffee warm enough overnight. You could fill it at Michael's Club or have your butler fill it just before you retire. It is the best travel mug I ever bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recently purchased a "Thermos" brand travel mug that keeps my hot tea warm all day. You might want to test one to see if it will keep your coffee warm enough overnight. You could fill it at Michael's Club or have your butler fill it just before you retire. It is the best travel mug I ever bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One can call their butler at any time and have coffee or their favorite coffee drink delivered. No _need_ for a thermos, especially from the night before, though they do deliver a carafe for us every morning ;)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

One can call their butler at any time and have coffee or their favorite coffee drink delivered. No _need_ for a thermos, especially from the night before, though they do deliver a carafe for us every morning ;)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I would have a hard time asking my butler to deliver coffee at 4 am. I wouldn't expect him to be up and dressed at that time.

I would have a hard time asking my butler to deliver coffee at 4 am. I wouldn't expect him to be up and dressed at that time.

And are you really up drinking coffee at 4am?

It doesn't work as well in a sky suite, but we have coffee delivered to our dining room table every morning early before we wake with some pastries. it's in a carafe, as I said and stays plenty warm.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Me too! I'm more of a DIY guy, so I'm always looking for ways to help myself. I know very few passengers (or crew!) are up early when we sometimes do, and I'd not expect anyone to serve me at those irregular and unscheduled hours. Generally I just hike up to the Lido decks and fill our two insulated coffee cups, but then we're never had a suite before, so I don't know what to expect.

I anticipate we'll have standing order for coffee at say, 0600, which either the butler or room service will deliver. But it's good to know there are options for those times when we're up much before then.

There are butlers who only work night shift (at least that's how NCL butlers work). We have a carafe of coffee delivered every morning at 5:30 AM and then room service breakfast at 7:00. We do tend to tip our butlers very well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

And are you really up drinking coffee at 4am?

It doesn't work as well in a sky suite, but we have coffee delivered to our dining room table every morning early before we wake with some pastries. it's in a carafe, as I said and stays plenty warm.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

No, we are not usually up at 0400. However, that is not too unusual for us. Old farts like us seem to have difficulty sleeping sometimes. Typically on cruises we use room service to have coffee and danish delivered at 0600, and that generally works out well for us. We like to take our coffee out onto the balcony; that's our favorite thing about cruises I think. But, I always check out the ship for what to do should we get up early.....when I'm up, I want coffee NOW!:D Generally that means I take our insulated cups up to the Lido deck and then return to our cabin, but some ships have alternate solutions, like the International Cafes on Princess.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I learned a lot!:cool: