Question about Harrisons Cave

hishorselover

My husband really wants to see Harrisons Cave. I had originally planned to go to the caves first then to The Boatyard but am thinking I should switch the itinerary. If we go to the caves in the afternoon what is the latest recommended time to start heading back to be on the ship by 4:15 (don't want to cut it too close!)? If you have thoughts on how long the ride is from The Boatyard to the Caves that would great too! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

We totally enjoyed going to Harrison Cave on a Princess tour but not able to answer your questions without fault. The visit was lengthy & quite crowded so impossible to quote time limits. You shouldn't miss it. Once your in there you cannot rush out as your sitting in a line of moving trams.

It is best to do the caves 1st thing in the morning. Be off the ship quickly and grab a cab. 30-45 minutes to the caves depending on traffic. Being the first there the tour is about 45 minutes to one hour. The cab will wait for you.

Head back to The Boatyard and spend the rest of your time there. They give you a 'free' ride back to the ship, takes about ten minutes. Low stress, maximum enjoyment. :)

It is best to do the caves 1st thing in the morning. Be off the ship quickly and grab a cab. 30-45 minutes to the caves depending on traffic. Being the first there the tour is about 45 minutes to one hour. The cab will wait for you.

Head back to The Boatyard and spend the rest of your time there. They give you a 'free' ride back to the ship, takes about ten minutes. Low stress, maximum enjoyment. :)

I agree with Ming, if you really want to see the caves do them first. I'd also strongly recommend doing the cave on a ship tour. When we were in Barbados in January, we rented a car and drove to Harrison's Cave and Welchman Hall Gully. While we were waiting to enter, another guest who was in the cave fell which caused a huge delay. The tour of the cave happens on Trams that have limited areas where they can pass each other or turn around. In this situation, some people were stuck in the cave until the injured person could be attended to. It was still early in the day so we were able to wait, enjoy our tour, and make it back to the ship. Harrison's Cave is definitely worth seeing. We have some amazing pictures from our tour.