Finding cabin-mates

brother_unknown

You might want to click here http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=21 for the Cruise Critic article titled Cruise "Welcome Mat" Varies for Solos. It contains information that may help you.

You may want to go to www.google.com and type in "hosted single cruises". You will find many of the agencies your fellow Cruise Critic members would recommend, give feedback, etc. if they could.

Per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for membership, the names, web sites, etc. of travel agents/agencies or other cruise-related sites or message boards --- even if "masked" --- are not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts. Posts asking for the name, site or further information via e-mail, or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the deleted posts. Discussion or promotion of any non-Cruise Critic Member group cruise is not allowed. Also, "personal ads" for cabin mates are not allowed in any forum.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!

Kat110105_emYA42_prv.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone let me know how to go about finding a cabin mate? (yes, I'm too cheap to pay the single supplement).

Hi - I just read your post and I can just say that you should look for

"deals" on cruises because you are better off paying a little something extra than rooming with an unknown. I did this as a kid when I was in my

20's and I lived to regret it. Once I roomed with 3 elderly women in a

quad share (I am not sure they do them anynore) and although the women were great, its really never that comfortable.

Look for a cruise special and then book - mark my words, you are better

off and then host a party on the ship by arranging a table with other

people on the cruise. You will have all the pleasure of travelling with friends and not sharing your personal space...

• 2 weeks later...

Holland America has a guaranteed single-share programme. As I understand it, you pay the "double" rate and HAL matches you with a cabin-mate of the same sex and smoking preference. If they don't find you a match, you occupy the cabin by yourself but still pay the share rate.

I've never done it, but if you're interested I'd suggest you post the question on the HAL board. You could get more information there.

• 7 years later...

There is a good LGBT resource for finding a CABIN MATE (CruiseCritic's no help, ...but I digress) If you want to MEET someone to share the costs, just google the big ideas in this posting and you may find someone to share your cabin very easily.