Last minute cruises

So I live in Florida and plan on picking a week in January for a Any Caribbean cruise with any line. Hoping to get a great deal. Currently I am seeing great deals last minute to December. When is the latest you can actually book a cruise?

Edited by Anniexrec
error

So I live in Florida and plan on picking a week in January for a Any Caribbean cruise with any line. Hoping to get a great deal. Currently I am seeing great deals last minute to December. When is the latest you can actually book a cruise?

Depending on the cruise line anywhere from 72 hours to 5 hours. Keep in mind that you'll have to book directly with the cruise line not a TA or online.

The choice of cabins might be very poor as well.

• 1 month later...

This is all new to me ... so PLEASE forgive me if the question has been asked and answered a million times ... I *AM* browsing the forum and searching for threads ... that's how I came upon this thread :)

Please feel free to link me to other threads if you don't want to answer here.

But ... I travel to Tampa about once a month. I am VERY interested in finding last minute cruise deals from the Tampa port.

I prefer a balcony but I know for last minute I may be 'taking what you can get' and I'm willing to do that if the price/timing, etc. is right ... for more planned cruises I can be pickier ... but for a super inexpensive/last minute cruise ... sometimes, I'd (almost) be willing to sleep in a deck chair if it would get me a few days at sea and away from the 'real world' for a short break.

Is my best bet just to keep looking on the actual cruise line web sites? Or should I be looking at travel-package sites? Contacting a Tampa area travel agent (not asking for a specific recommendation which i know isn't allowed) ... I just need some general guidance about how to even get started with very last minute deals as opposed to something planned out months in advance.