Wait list - what is the chance of getting on???

sweetp12

We recently got a little bit of extra money so the first thought was to go on a cruise! We really really want to go to the pearls final trip to Singapore and despite the website still showing cabins for sale when I spoke to P&O they said sold out :(

So we are on a wait list - a priority wait list in fact. But only for OG cabins (ocean view or obstructed). We spend most of our time in the cabin so 16 nights in an interior would not have worked.

Anyway my question is - has anyone else ever been waitlisted? Did you get on? How far our where you informed??

We know now it is less than 50 days away we are in essence hoping for someone else's misfortune. But as this is a one way trip with flights needing to be booked I am nervous about the timing (and the potential exponential rise in flight prices the closer we get). It could be easier for me to just let the idea go....

Tried to convince the hubby to go for a sure thing and book a different cruise but that was shot down :(

• 3 weeks later...

This situation happened to lots of people a few years ago on the South American cruise. Several of our eventual cruisers found that if they went into the Princess site regularly - particularly late evening or during the night they may find there had been a cancellation that had NOT YET been grabbed for someone on the wait list. They took that cabin immediately and were able to sale If would be worth your while to keep doing this yourself and see if you get lucky.

Yes, I was on a P&O waitlist a few years back.

The cruise came and went, but no change in availability. With only 50 days left, not something to hang a lot of hope on, but it can happen.

Fortunately I made alternative plans - and was happy with them!