Precruise Tahiti Pearl Beach?

trk_koa

We have our reservations on PG in 2018 for a 10 day Society Islands and Tuamotus cruise to celebrate our 30th the anniversary. The cruise embarks on a Wednesday.

We are now making the arrangements for pre-cruise. We want to get all the big stuff arranged so we can get our travel insurance lined up.

We will arrive on a Hawaiian Airlines on a Saturday late evening.

Our TA has a nice package for 3 nights at the IC on Moorea for Sunday through Tuesday nights. What we need now is a place for Saturday night when we arrive. She is recommending either Tahiti Pearl Beach or IC.

TPB has a better price. We just need a clean comfy place to sleep, grab some breakfast and get to the ferry.

Can someone tell me if TPB is a good choice?

Thanks! Getting excited even though we are months away.

Just my opinion. The IC hands down. When the Pearl was the Radisson many times post cruise I saw groups end up at the IC complaining about the Radisson. I have stayed at the IC 8 or 9 times.

Great facilities. Good restaurant and entertainment if there when there is a show. Close by to stores also is an big plus. That being said. I don't know anything about the Pearl since they took it over from Radisson. If you are only staying one night though it won't matter as you won't get in until very late that Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the insight. I just wish the IC wasn't almost 50% more.

Anyone have any other suggestions for a decent place just to overnight before heading to the ferry the next morning?

Thanks for the insight. I just wish the IC wasn't almost 50% more.

Anyone have any other suggestions for a decent place just to overnight before heading to the ferry the next morning?

Try Hotel Tahiti Nui: http://www.hoteltahitinui.com/htn.php

Or Fare Suisse: http://www.fare-suisse.com/english/

Both a good choices if you just need a clean room around PPT. Neither is waterfront, for that I would ALWAYS chose the Intercontinental as it is a real resort with all the amenities.one would expect.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

We stayed several times at the Pearl and thought for one night it was more than adequate. The rooms were nice and the pool area quiet. It's a healthy walk to Mc D's but the bus passes by. You have been before and know how to get around so why don't you focus something not so expensive.

I would definitely stay at the Tahiti Pearl Beach Resort.

I had a booking for this past February, but cancelled to stay near the port with my coworkers.

It's a nice property.

My coworker and wife stayed there this past February. They were upgraded at checkin for no reason and his pictures and videos of the property and the suite was very nice. They stayed for 2 nights and didn't say one bad thing about the place.

Certainly is not a dump and its for one night!

Go on YouTube and TripAdvisor. Read reviews from people who have actually stepped foot on the property.

Not from hearsay.

Happy sailing :)

I made a reservation at Fare Suisse for the one night. Trip Advisor reviews are very good. I searched here on cruise critic and it seems to be recommended. Price is good and we can cancel up to 48 hours prior if we change our minds.

Hotel Tahiti Nui looks to be sold out for the date we need.

Getting excited and it's months away. [emoji3]

I made a reservation at Fare Suisse for the one night. Trip Advisor reviews are very good. I searched here on cruise critic and it seems to be recommended. Price is good and we can cancel up to 48 hours prior if we change our minds.

Hotel Tahiti Nui looks to be sold out for the date we need.

Getting excited and it's months away. [emoji3]

Good choice, I've been there. The owner is a nice guy, will pick you up at the airport and deliver you to the docks the next day, no additional charge. There is a market a few blocks away, just ask the desk to point you in the right direction.

See attachments, notice the market a few blocks away from Fare Suisse ... pictures were taken by me so yes that is what it looks like.

PPT.pdf

Fare Suisse.pdf

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Fare Suisse is fine. The owner will also pick you up at the airport and drive you to the ferry the next day at no charge. Very simple, clean room. It is 2 blocks from a large supermarket so you can easily go there before your ferry to Moorea to stock up. If you get in early enough to walk around bring a flashlight. The first block from Fare Suisse is pitch black. It is about a 10 minute walk, at best, to the harbor and another 5-10 minute walk along the waterfront to the ferry and the area where the food trucks set up each night.

An easy walk if you are there early enough for the good trucks but don't spend you energy dragging your luggage to the ferry from there.

I would definitely stay at the Tahiti Pearl Beach Resort.

I had a booking for this past February, but cancelled to stay near the port with my coworkers.

It's a nice property.

My coworker and wife stayed there this past February. They were upgraded at checkin for no reason and his pictures and videos of the property and the suite was very nice. They stayed for 2 nights and didn't say one bad thing about the place.

Certainly is not a dump and its for one night!

Go on YouTube and TripAdvisor. Read reviews from people who have actually stepped foot on the property.

Not from hearsay.

Happy sailing :)

Sorry, but most of us have stayed there a few times and seen it go down hill. Of course hotels are a very subjective subject. What is acceptable to one may not be to another. I love to end my last day in Paradise with a bang. The IC is beautiful, the pools are great, the view of Moorea is great. It's also very close to the airport.

• 1 month later...

Stayed at the IC on our last PG cruise (July 2015) I was so disappointed. We'd stayed there in 2011 and had no issues. Loved it. This past cruise, the room was terrible. Dark, musty and in need of a complete make-over. The faucet on the bathroom sink was so high and stuck so far out that you literally splashed water all over yourself when tying to simply was your hands. Looked like a replacement from a laundry utility sink. Went to fill up the tub and after a few minutes went back in to check and the water was all brown. Pulled the plug and the water began to rise up from a drain in the floor. It was bad. Furniture was pretty worn as well. When I went to the front desk to complain and insist on another room, the only way they would do it is if I paid for an upgrade. It was an additional $120 or close to that. We paid almost a grand for two nights. I thought it was crummy that they felt the need to charge me more. Won't stay there again.

Stayed at the IC on our last PG cruise (July 2015) I was so disappointed. We'd stayed there in 2011 and had no issues. Loved it. This past cruise, the room was terrible. Dark, musty and in need of a complete make-over. The faucet on the bathroom sink was so high and stuck so far out that you literally splashed water all over yourself when tying to simply was your hands. Looked like a replacement from a laundry utility sink. Went to fill up the tub and after a few minutes went back in to check and the water was all brown. Pulled the plug and the water began to rise up from a drain in the floor. It was bad. Furniture was pretty worn as well. When I went to the front desk to complain and insist on another room, the only way they would do it is if I paid for an upgrade. It was an additional $120 or close to that. We paid almost a grand for two nights. I thought it was crummy that they felt the need to charge me more. Won't stay there again.

Sorry to hear. I spent 5 days at the IC in July 2015 and everything was perfect. I am very surprised at the way you were treated. I have never experienced anything other than impeccable service from anyone working there during my many stays there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just dug out a couple of photos...see the faucet? I'm not sure how I would go about washing up in this sink. Foresight is 20/20, I should have taken a photo of the water in the tub before I drained it, (brown, brown, brown) but you can see the drain on the floor. And mold on the ceiling. The fact that they thought that this room was ok. I know some things are to be expected but the fact that we had stayed here in 2011. I'm assuming that it was probably not to far down on the list of their recent renovation. It just really left a bad taste in my mouth, that they felt the need to charge me more $$$ to change room.

20150727_212751.jpg.1717ab09c1a313f74424fe5613560928.jpg

20150727_212846.jpg.2b8c70e5d3b58c26dd91ea01706d06cd.jpg

20150727_212833.jpg.641bf2c60dba38afe425cf397c1111ff.jpg

Just dug out a couple of photos...see the faucet? I'm not sure how I would go about washing up in this sink. Foresight is 20/20, I should have taken a photo of the water in the tub before I drained it, (brown, brown, brown) but you can see the drain on the floor. And mold on the ceiling. The fact that they thought that this room was ok. I know some things are to be expected but the fact that we had stayed here in 2011. I'm assuming that it was probably not to far down on the list of their recent renovation. It just really left a bad taste in my mouth, that they felt the need to charge me more $$$ to change room.

It's not that we don't believe you .... just that your the exception. Sorry to hear about your experience but again your the exception, most rave about the Resort. You loved the PG, you are aware that the PG and the IC Tahiti are owned by the same company. So I would chalk it up as one bad apple that is in the same bucket as 100 good apples, it happens, just rare at this place.