Playing the airline game - how far in advance to book

mjthecruiser

The best thing to do on the return in HNL is book a room. If you can get late check out its quite comfortable.however, because of the extra flying time and hotels the price does increase and has no value unless you can get a flatbed business flight which we did. Now Air France has flatbed business so I doubt we would ever go via Hawaii unless we plan to stay for a week or so there.. Would consider this after DH retires. Will look at alternatives to getting away in the winter months then.

Do they have flatbed business on the LAX to PPT route, Miriam? It doesn't look like it to me.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Starts soon

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, well I've been talking to Emdee about this. May I assume that I book Business next year (October) that I will get the flatbed part of the fleet? Seatguru is ambiguous on this matter, as is the AF website.

I'm slavering at the idea of booking Biz going over, and PE coming back.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
If you book your air through PG can you pick the Airline from LAX? Thinking of flying Air France over ATN.

Thanks

As far as I know PG only books with ATN, although I could be wrong. They might book a particular passenger with a specific itinerary that didn't fit into ATN's schedule, for example.

It won't be worth it. If you are booking AF then do it yourself. Also if you have AMEX Plat you may get a buy one, get one on AF.

Any experience with AF Premium economy vs economy ??

Might have to look into getting the AMEX Platinum this year!

AMEX Platinum bogo is only for business class. We have flown their premium economy several years ago and it was fine. We chose that over business for our upcoming July trip. The price differential was tremendous!

AMEX Platinum bogo is only for business class. We have flown their premium economy several years ago and it was fine. We chose that over business for our upcoming July trip. The price differential was tremendous!

We decided to go Business to Tahiti and Economy on the day flight return and booked a 4 th deck cabin . But a few weeks ago we decided to pay and upgrade to the last 8 th deck cabin. We really loved it the last two times with its location and the extra space makes a triple comfortable.