Cruise Wedding Invitations?

dbrown13

That's a good point! I will likely just have them made and skip the stress. Even though they do just get thrown away it might be the one thing people remember that stands out (besides a cruise wedding :D)

I was also thinking the same thing about OOT bags... I think they are a nice gesture, however, many friends are saying they may not even get used and it would be wasted effort and money. I definitely want to be thoughtful of my guests but I'm trying to decide if some of the items are worth it or not.

With our gift bags, most of the inside stuff was used (if needed) while on the cruise and then the rest thrown out.... but we have heard from almost every person that went that our cooler (the bag) has been used since the wedding. Which i was glad to hear about.

When looking at invitation options, I am drawn to a "Message In a Bottle" invite. Since everything is pretty much done for us on the ship, I thought I would put a little creativity into our invites.

As of now, I am going to do a little plastic corked bottle with our invite printed on parchment inside. Tie it with our color ribbon and place it in a small box with some raffia stuffing, our save the date magnet (that has our Web site with booking info) and an itinerary card (to entice people into coming with us).

Is there anything else that should go in there? I have seen some bottles filled with small shells and a little sand but that seems like a mess and I don't want to add unnecessary weight for shipping. We have an international guest so I wonder what that postage will be like!

When looking at invitation options, I am drawn to a "Message In a Bottle" invite. Since everything is pretty much done for us on the ship, I thought I would put a little creativity into our invites.

As of now, I am going to do a little plastic corked bottle with our invite printed on parchment inside. Tie it with our color ribbon and place it in a small box with some raffia stuffing, our save the date magnet (that has our Web site with booking info) and an itinerary card (to entice people into coming with us).

Is there anything else that should go in there? I have seen some bottles filled with small shells and a little sand but that seems like a mess and I don't want to add unnecessary weight for shipping. We have an international guest so I wonder what that postage will be like!

You have to post pictures once you are done with these... the sound AMAZING! Somehow with all of my searching I haven't seen Message in a Bottle invites but I really like the idea of it.

I'm not sure specifically what you are already planning to include on your invites or what you should still include... one of the things that drew me to the Passport invites was the fact that there are so many pages so I can include a lot of information about the cruise; hotels to stay at the night before, the rehearsal dinner we are going to do at a restaurant the night before, things to pack, and of course the wedding and reception details. There are so many details that I want to share with everyone I'm not sure I'll have enough pages!

With our gift bags, most of the inside stuff was used (if needed) while on the cruise and then the rest thrown out.... but we have heard from almost every person that went that our cooler (the bag) has been used since the wedding. Which i was glad to hear about.

I love the idea of using a cooler bag! Do you mind me asking what type of bags you used and where you purchased them from?

I love the idea of using a cooler bag! Do you mind me asking what type of bags you used and where you purchased them from?

we ordered from discountmugs here is the direct link http://www.discountmugs.com/product/lun04-custom-printed-beach-coolers/ . We ordered blanks since we didn't want people to toss them after the wedding (because who would really use a cooler that says our names on them after the trip). It was cheaper to buy a higher bulk rate so even though we only needed 17 (one for each room booked) we ordered 25 to get the cheaper per price rate.

oh and if you are really interested they have markdown and coupon codes all the time!

This cooler has become a staple for us with cruising because we use it to take beers off the ship to enjoy at the beaches (makes the carnival cheers package a little more beneficial you us!)

we ordered from discountmugs here is the direct link http://www.discountmugs.com/product/lun04-custom-printed-beach-coolers/ . We ordered blanks since we didn't want people to toss them after the wedding (because who would really use a cooler that says our names on them after the trip). It was cheaper to buy a higher bulk rate so even though we only needed 17 (one for each room booked) we ordered 25 to get the cheaper per price rate.

oh and if you are really interested they have markdown and coupon codes all the time!

This cooler has become a staple for us with cruising because we use it to take beers off the ship to enjoy at the beaches (makes the carnival cheers package a little more beneficial you us!)

Thanks! I book marked it. We always take a small cooler on board with us, but I'm sure our first time sailing guests won't think to do that.

I will certainly keep my eye out for coupon codes and discounts... since I have so much time I'm watching prices on about a dozen things right now to make sure I get the best price.

Thanks to everyone who has added great information to this thread! I am also searching for invitations/RSVP cards for my cruise wedding in December. I'm only 8 months away and need to find something quick!! i've shared all my information via e-mail but want to send something as well. I'm going to check out some of the suggestions I've read; I really like the boarding pass invitations :)

Also, I LOVE the idea of the coolers for the guest bags. I've been looking for beach bags (I will need approx 40) but haven't found anything in our budget.

If anyone has any pictures of invitations they've created, and you don't mind sharing.. can you please email me at dmfrazer88@gmail.com

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who has added great information to this thread! I am also searching for invitations/RSVP cards for my cruise wedding in December. I'm only 8 months away and need to find something quick!! i've shared all my information via e-mail but want to send something as well. I'm going to check out some of the suggestions I've read; I really like the boarding pass invitations :)

Also, I LOVE the idea of the coolers for the guest bags. I've been looking for beach bags (I will need approx 40) but haven't found anything in our budget.

If anyone has any pictures of invitations they've created, and you don't mind sharing.. can you please email me at dmfrazer88@gmail.com

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I haven't done mine yet so I don't have any photos to share. BUT... if you check Vanesse's Destination Wedding on Facebook, people have posted a lot of photos and they have boarding pass invites as well. I've heard from several others on the forum that they are very friendly and the turn around time on the invites is super quick and they let you do as much or as little of it as you'd like :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...