Flying Virgin London-ATL on a Delta plane. Have you checked 2 bags?

BikiniBlonde

Hi there, I'm doing a TA cruise with Princess next week and flying back from Heathrow to Atlanta and then on to Greensboro N.C. I booked this air through Princess EZ-Air, fare was much cheaper.

I am in a Premium Economy seat, which I upgraded through Delta's site, even though it is a Virgin flight.

A Delta CSR confirmed that the flight is considered a Virgin flight and subject to their baggage rules. Virgin's website says that Premium Economy passengers can check two bags at no charge.

Has anyone actually done this? It's $100 if someone told me incorrectly. I don't want to have to pay that extra charge at Heathrow or Atlanta.

If you are flying on DL metal, it's a Delta flight, not a Virgin flight, and subject to DL's rules. I am a little confused; I'm not a DL flyer, but I thought their premium economy seats did not begin until Fall 2017, and you state you are flying next week. Are you sure you are not in DL Comfort+?

If you are in DL Comfort+, I believe you get only one free checked bag.

Edited by 6rugrats

6rugrats, right you are, twice. It's Delta VS4047, and it's Comfort+, not Premium Economy. I was using Virgin's classification. I did make a judgment by interpreting Virgin's Premium Economy as subject to same rules as Comfort+ as they seem identical, as there are three classes on the plane that I saw when choosing seats.

To continue the questions:

What is the actual flight number and times from LHR to ATL? This can clarify which of many LHR-ATL flights there are.

What is the class code on your reservation? Single letter - perhaps W.

Is that something that should be easy to find on a ticket? I just purchased the upgrade and received confirmation through Delta. My ticket on Delta web site doesn't show any single letters except with my cabin class -- Main Cabin-O

Is there another place to look for class codes?

Because fare was booked through Princess EZ-Air, Delta isn't showing me everything I usually see when I book directly.

6rugrats, right you are, twice. It's Delta VS4047, and it's Comfort+, not Premium Economy. I was using Virgin's classification. I did make a judgment by interpreting Virgin's Premium Economy as subject to same rules as Comfort+ as they seem identical, as there are three classes on the plane that I saw when choosing seats.

It's easy to make the assumption that PE and C+ are the same thing. Vast difference.

It will get even worse when DL introduces their own real PE seats. They will then market Basic Economy, Economy, Comfort+, PE (using whatever name they chose), and Business (Delta One). If their goal is to confuse the traveling public, they are well on their way.

You'll be flying Delta, not Virgin, so you're subject to their rules. Assuming you don't have any Medallion/Skyteam elite status you're looking at $100 to check your second bag.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/baggage/before-your-trip/checked.html?icid=Policy_Ck_Baggage_Ongoing

In my particular case, I'm flying a Delta plane booked under Virgin, so I'm subject to Virgin rules, sez Virgin:

"If your flight is operated by one of our partner airlines and your flight number starts “VS”, then the Virgin Atlantic baggage allowance will apply."

http://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/travel-information/baggage-allowance/check-in-baggage.html

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did make a judgment by interpreting Virgin's Premium Economy as subject to same rules as Comfort+ as they seem identical,

They are FAR from identical. Premium economy is actually a completely separate cabin class, with different style seats and different level of in-flight service. Comfort+ is just a section of the regular premium economy that has a little extra legroom.