Playa Hermosa in Ensenada

HighCPU

I saw that Carnival has an excursion for surf lessons at Playa Hermosa. Not sure I want to take surf lessons, but I was curious as to how the beach is for just hanging out for a beach day.

Does anyone know how far or how long it would take to get from port to Playa Hermosa?

Has anyone ventured to the beach on their own? How did you get there?

Thanks for reading!

• 3 weeks later...

Ensenada is a bay, so waves will be small, and easy to learn, and mexican bay water pollution is a consideration. We live in San Diego (same weather). The beach weather is sketchy, meaning that warm is the exception, except for mid-late summer; ocean water is cold (wet suits). So, in general, a surf day in Ensenada is not a place we would consider for a surf cruise tour, mainly due to lack of warm water, and lack of reliable warm weather; on the other hand, if the weather and sea conditions are optimal, it could be great fun

Maybe 20 minutes south by taxi. Passed by there a few weeks ago going to Bufadora. Saw some palapas, no facilities. Restaurants located across the highway. We were in Ensenada on a Saturday afternoon and saw no one on the beach.

Mexican sanitation is different than in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe 20 minutes south by taxi. Passed by there a few weeks ago going to Bufadora. Saw some palapas, no facilities. Restaurants located across the highway. We were in Ensenada on a Saturday afternoon and saw no one on the beach.

Mexican sanitation is different than in the US.

Thanks everyone. Starting to think I may skip on the beach since everyone is mentioning sanitation