BA baggage question

TeanneTX

I'm flying BA "world traveler plus" from Austin to London. Then the next leg of the flight to Amsterdam is on a different flight and they didnt offer the "WTP" and this leg is only "euro traveler". According to the BA website they allow 2 checked bags for WTP but only 1 for euro traveler. I will have the same issue when we fly back home. I have sent BA an email with this question but thought maybe someone on this thread would know the answer.

Teanne

This is covered on the BA website (I'm on mobile though so can't look it up) but for checked bags you benefit from the highest allowance across your itinerary.

OK-thanks. I looked all over the site and couldn't find anything about 2 different classes of tickets. Thanks again.

Teanne

It's on this page: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/checked-baggage-allowances:-

Allowances on mixed cabin journeys

If your journey includes flights in more than one travel class, the more generous allowance will apply to your whole journey (unless the flights are on separate bookings - then each travel class's allowance will apply to the individual flight). For example:

• You fly from Manchester to London in UK Domestic and connect from London to Rome in Club Europe. The Club Europe allowance applies to your entire journey.
  • You fly from London to Dubai in World Traveller and return in World Traveller Plus. The World Traveller Plus allowance applies to your entire journey.

So no worries.