Marriott brand hotels in Vancouver

Returning to Vancouver on HAL on a Wednesday and going home on Saturday. Don't need to be near the cruise terminal, but want to be able to walk/public transport/short Uber to all the usual tourist sites. Am staying in Marriott brand properties on points. Where do I need to be?

There are at least two Marriott properties in the downtown core - the Marriott Pinnacle is about three-four blocks from the cruise terminal and the Marriott Residence Inn is about a dozen blocks from the cruise terminal.

I may have missed some as I am not sure of all the brands under the Marriott banner - you could probably google " Marriott brand hotels in Vancouver Canada"

The Pinnacle would be closest to most of the tourist attractions except for Granville island where the Residence is nearer the little ferries to the Island.

The free shuttles to both the Cap Bridge and Grouse Mt are at the cruise terminal and you are also only a couple of extra blocks to the Seabus to go over to Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver.

Gastown and Chinatown are within walking distance of the Pinnacle and just a couple blocks and you are on the Seawall that winds all the way around Coal Harbour and Stanley Park.

There are Marriott properties by the airport that would likely use less points but unless you have an early flight you would be wasting time and money going back and forth between downtown and airport.

Hope this helps and some of the other locals I am sure will be along with there advice as well.

Cheers!

Dennis

:):):)

Don't forget about the Starwood/Marriott joint progam! Join the SPG program, link it to your Marriott Rewards account. You get status matched on both programs. You then have the option to move points between accounts to pay for points stays at both sets of properties.

Doing this opens up the two Westins and the one Sheraton in Vancouver for you. Personally, I usually stay at the Westin Bayshore. It's a taxi ride to the cruise terminal, but I love it's location out on the harbor (I love it when I get a harbor view room and I can just sit there and watch the float planes take off/land).

Here's some ideas....

Day 1, debark and take luggage to nearby hotel walking or taxi

return to the cruise terminal for the Grouse Mountain shuttle

visit Capilano along the way back to the downtown

Fly Over Canada in the evening. I think the last show is at 9pm.

Day 2, Hop On Shuttles with Stanley Park, Gastown and Granville Island

Day 3, Whistler, Victoria day trip?

Day 4, Vandusen Gardens? Sea 2 Sky attractions? Evening flight back home.

• 1 month later...