Renting scooter - who to rent from?

rockabutzer

My DW and I are cruising on the Carnival Pride from Baltimore to the Bahamas and was wondering about what other cruisers experiences were with the various companies who rent scooters. Hopefully, I can get a consensus of which company to choose.

Thanks!

I rented from CareVacations because I also rented a recliner and theirs had a wider seat, so I rented both recliner and scooter from them. I don't think I've seen any complaints here about either company, they both seem to provide good service. Just see which offers a better deal for the particular cruise you will take. I called both and got quotes as well as information on the scooters and recliners they had for rent.

I've never used Care Vacations, but can't remember ever reading a bad word about them.

The several times I have used Special Needs At Sea I have been very happy with them. They went out of their way, over an Easter weekend, to help me the first time I used a scooter. I hadn't connected the charger correctly, and it was hopelessly discharged. They were in contact with the ship, diagnosed the problem, and offered instructions to them on how to get it up and running again.

• 4 weeks later...

We cruised out of FLL in January. One of our travelling companions needed a scooter so I made the reservation on-line with Special Needs at Sea. All the paper work that needed to be filled out and the reciept all said Care Vacations so I guess they are one and the same. BTW the scooter was NOT in the cabin when we arrived. Had to make several calls. They insisted they delivered one to his cabin yadda, yadda, yadda. No one at Carnival knew anything. Finally 15 minutes before we sailed and after at least 6 phone calls they delivered one. We were quite disappointed with their service but you have no other choice.