Seabourn visiting Turkey in 2018

JVNYC

Good day all. I'm considering booking my first Seabourn cruise and I am considering the Odyssey 14 day itinerary in July, 2018 that visits Turkey & Greece.

I thought all ships stopped visiting Turkey? Well, I should say all American owned cruise ships.

This itinerary visits Istanbul, Cesme and Kusadasi. It's very appealing, but I'm wondering if this is one of those "iffy" itineraries that will turn to all Greece.

Is anyone else considering this itinerary and have any thoughts? Thx!

That is indeed a very nice itinerary. However, who can say - it depends on how events pan out really. You might want to wait until the outcome of the forthcoming Turkish election which is coming up a little later this year. All I can say is that it might be a bit of a risk to book it this far out given Seabourn new policy which is being discussed elsewhere on this board. If they have to reduce the price (as they did last year) you will not get your money back - so buyer beware! However if and when you do book a Seabourn cruise you will certainly enjoy it very much - we always have a good time.

If you do decide to book, do not forget to visit the referral coupon thread on this board first - and get yourself some free onboard credit!

As JVNYC is in the US they may be using a US travel agent. If so they certainly will be able to cancel without penalty four months in advance. The "new" policy referenced on the other thread relates to bookings with UK travel agencies.

As to Turkey, I agree that there is no way of knowing at present what will happen that might influence Seabourn regarding ports of call in that country. I have been looking forward to them returning to one of my favorite countries (we were on the last cruise there in 2016 before they changed the ports) but understand that adding it to their itineraries carries the potential for substitutions. If you enjoy other ports in that part of the world and would be ok with substitutions go for it. If it is a "bucket list" item and you would be devastated were those ports changed maybe think twice before booking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Seabourn has changed the July, 2018 itinerary and removed all the Turkey ports from the schedule. It is a now a revised itinerary. I just received notification. That solves that!