Hotels in Houston or Galveston

miss tea

Is it cheaper to stay in Houston rather than Galveston. We are flying in the night before our cruise. I just need a place to sleep. This will be in June.

Thanks for any help I can get.

1. Stay in Houston and take cruise line transfer!

2. Fine a comparable price Hotel in Galveston and take Galveston Limo that has everyday, all day transfers between both airports and Galveston .

Schedule accordingly in timing and budget .

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Hobby airport at Holiday Inn. I used Priceline and their Express. The hotel was partially under some renovations, but we got it relatively cheap...55 before taxes. No continental breakfast tho...

They had a nice service where you could take a shuttle within 2 miles of the hotel for free. When we used priceline express bids for our post cruise hotel, we got La Quinta and it was like $100 (and that was the cheapest I could find then)

Good luck with your travels, have fun cruisin!

Last year we stayed at the Best Western Plus at Hobby Airport. It had a free airport shuttle and free hot breakfast. Hotel was clean and only about a mile from the airport. We paid $98 after all taxes etc. Then we used Galveston Express for transportation to port. Even with port transfers it came out about $150 cheaper than staying in Galveston.

This fall we scored a great deal at the Marriott Farefield suites at Hobby. $84 total after taxes/fees. Includes airport shuttle and breakfast as well. Using Galveston Express again as it was only a 30-35 min ride from hotel to port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums