Taiwan / Vietnam tours - Oct 2017

38anchor

We are sailing RCI Voyager of the Seas later this year, and as there are 6 of us, we are hoping to book some independent tours rather than having to book via the cruise line. I know that the posts are quite far away from the main points of interest, but can anyone recommend any tour guides / operators and places / things to do for the following:

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Hue_Danang (Chan May)

Ho Chi Minh (Phu My), Vietnam

Thanks in advance

We are sailing RCI Voyager of the Seas later this year, and as there are 6 of us, we are hoping to book some independent tours rather than having to book via the cruise line. I know that the posts are quite far away from the main points of interest, but can anyone recommend any tour guides / operators and places / things to do for the following:

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Hue_Danang (Chan May)

Ho Chi Minh (Phu My), Vietnam

Thanks in advance

I have just returned from a cruise that called at Kaohsiung and took a 'ships' excursion because it was important to me to see what I wanted to visit, the Fo Guang Shan Monastery…

33727286096_d69fa2dda9_z.jpg

...which was a 45 minute coach ride from Kaohsiung.

I never saw any 'private' operators in or around the dockyard or advertising in the terminal building - I usually keep an eye open for them to keep my blog current.

I've also checked the excursion programme and there was little on offer actually in Kaohsiung - it is a major industrial city - and all excursions (4) involved at least a 45 minute coach ride.

I hope that helps. All I can say is that our excursion to the monastery was just amazing and I would not hesitate to recommend it should you have the opportunity.

Richard.

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/04/07/europa-2-asian-island-explorer/