Uber from LB Airport

johnnoyb

You'll be guaranteed 4 seat belts with an UberX - but not necessarily "ample" room. UberXL is a good suggestion if you don't want things to be tight, and you can do a fare estimate before you make the request.

We'd planned to call an Uber but ended up grabbing a taxi and it was about $34 from LGB to the port.

You'll be guaranteed 4 seat belts with an UberX - but not necessarily "ample" room. UberXL is a good suggestion if you don't want things to be tight, and you can do a fare estimate before you make the request.

We'd planned to call an Uber but ended up grabbing a taxi and it was about $34 from LGB to the port.

Me-shel - Ducks fan too living in Central Oregon. Thanks for the info![emoji41] Go Ducks!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

Can those of you who posted here let me know if I should be concerned. I originally booked a 1 PM flight, but it has since moved to noon. On Carnival which doesn't dock until 9. I'm platinum w/ Carnival and TSA pre, so to me, Noon seems reasonable, but I can't use the carnival shuttle for any flight before 1. I'm thinking Uber or a cab, just wife and I and a couple larger suit cases..... Any experience or advice? (Docking on a Saturday)

• 1 month later...

I have never used Uber before. I will be in need of a ride from the car rental facility at LGB to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in San Pedro. Would it be cheaper to get a Uber than a taxi? Will the Uber pick me up right at the car rental facility at the Airport, or will we have to go back to baggage claim?

I have never used Uber before. I will be in need of a ride from the car rental facility at LGB to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in San Pedro. Would it be cheaper to get a Uber than a taxi? Will the Uber pick me up right at the car rental facility at the Airport, or will we have to go back to baggage claim?

I've used Uber and it's a bit cheaper - while the trip to the hotel would be metered cab, the port is $45 from LGB flat-rate.

As to picking you up - the car rental plaza at LGB is about 100 feet from baggage claim.

• 3 months later...
I've used Uber and it's a bit cheaper - while the trip to the hotel would be metered cab, the port is $45 from LGB flat-rate.

As to picking you up - the car rental plaza at LGB is about 100 feet from baggage claim.

Used Uber on June 17th cruise - 4 of us using Uber XL (larger vehicle) was only $30. Pretty reasonable!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

To close the loop on my trip, took a cab back and made it in plenty of time, wish I'd stayed on the earlier flight, but spent the time well in the Alaska Lounge. Debarkation was a bit of a mess, not as easy as most FL locations.

Will use Uber next time if I find myself heading out of Long Beach