Hidden Gems Exploration Adventure in Bermuda

CaptainUnlucky

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has done the excursion Hidden Gems Exploration Adventure in Bermuda.

We will be on the Anthem May 6th , this is a 7 hour excursion and want to know if it's worth the 190$.

I feel it would probably give us a great chance to see a lot of the island but the price is a little steep! And it seems like some of this will include snorkeling and being that it is the beginning of May I'm wondering if it will be too cool to snorkel. Any help or advice would be great!

Thanks

I did this tour in October, it was one of the best tours I have done, they pick you up at the "T" intersection of the pier in a 15 passenger van and take you across the island to St Georges parish showing many of the sites along the way. We were there a few days after Hurricane Nicole struck the island and our guide even pointed out some of the damage and how quickly the island was able to recover.

At Tom Moore's Jungle we spent some time talking about the vegetation and some of the spices that are harvested to them, walked through a dry cave, swam in a tidal cave and cliff jumped into a sink hole.

We did some site seeing at St. David's Head, lunch was included at a local bar (alcohol was extra).

The beach at Copper's Island Reserve was still rough with little visibility so we cut short the snorkeling and went to the aquarium at Flatts Village to see the sea turtle display in front.

Our weather in October was great low 80's for air temperature water temp was to cold for the locals in the upper 70's but us Northerners were fine with it. If you do plan on going in the water do not wear sunscreen, they made the announcement after picking us up and few in our group had already put some on, they are trying to stabilize the water in the cave.

You are not required to get in the water at any of the locations, the company does have a winter tour that spends more time in the jungles than in the water that they might be able to substitute if the weather is bad.

I also did the Bermuda Rail Trail Bike tour, the bike ride was short but you got to walk up to Fort Scaur and the shortest draw bridge where our guide opened the side walk portion for a better look. The best part was the boat ride to and from the ship that passed several celebrity homes, and the rock which is the Bermuda corner of the Bermuda Triangle. We also were in the bay with the America's cup boats buzzing us on the way back to the ship.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has done the excursion Hidden Gems Exploration Adventure in Bermuda.

We will be on the Anthem May 6th , this is a 7 hour excursion and want to know if it's worth the 190$.

I feel it would probably give us a great chance to see a lot of the island but the price is a little steep! And it seems like some of this will include snorkeling and being that it is the beginning of May I'm wondering if it will be too cool to snorkel. Any help or advice would be great!

TripAdvisor has 290 reviews for the Hidden Gems Tour of which 277 reviews rated the tour Excellent.

However, there may be a small change to the tour in 2017 because swimming in cave pools and ponds in Tom Moore's Jungle has been banned. Here is the Bernews article where the ban was announced in the penultimate paragraph.

SBtS

Hi,

Thanks

It would be too cool for me to snorkel then. But YMMV. If you book with Hidden Gems they charge less than booking thru the cruise line. They shown $175 booking on their web site.

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I did Hidden Gem 7 hour adventure in May of 2017. We both loved it (we are both 60 and had no trouble keeping up). It is exactly as advertised. Would definitely recommend. A few non swimmers did not do the cliff jump, but still enjoyed the view. Small, informative and FUN. I booked on my own (not thru cruise) only because I wanted the later departure time (one hour later). Short walk to meeting spot (in a blue building on pier). Hope you enjoy as much as we did.

This tour sounds really interesting.

Just to clarify. Is it suitable for non-swimmers? What do you do when those who want to swim are in the water? And roughly how much of the trip is given to swimming?

Thanks

We spent about 30-45 minutes in cave swimming, but just being there was a majestic sight. Another 30-45 at cliff and the same for snorkeling at beach. So yes, there is a bit of swimming involved, however, the sights and beach are beautiful and enjoyable. The bus ride around the island was very interesting, and our tour guide (Shae?) was a local and provided many interesting insights. We were suppose to end the day with ice cream, however there was an accident and we sat in traffic for at least 20 minutes (come to find out the accident took 2hours to clear). Some folks had shows/reservations at end of day and there was no way they were going to make it. Our tour guide did a wonderful job of maneuvering and getting us to a ferry on the back roads (we just made it!) and we ended tour on time.

• 1 year later...
The tour says it's 7 hours and is being offered on our last day. What time do they pick you up in the morning to make the ship departure time?

What cruise ship and dates?

For a quick estimate, take your cruise ship departure time less 45 minutes less 7 hours.

SBtS