Insurance for Disabled Passengers

pinklady57

My sister and I will be cruising in August to the Med from Southampton.

My sister suffers with COPD and needs constant oxygen.

She has contacted a couple of Insurance companies to obtain a quote, which have proved to be very costly (as expected) and some have simply refused.

Are any of you able to advise of a good insurance company she can try to obtain a quote please?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi try world first. https://www.world-first.co.uk/ they deal with pre existing conditions. Last year they insured me for £78 for a 3 week cruise round the med. The highest I got out of 5 was £750. I have cystic fibrosis, Insulin dependant Diabetic, Was mid thyroid cancer last year & have had a double lung transplant. Complex case lot. Took an hour to get through the questions, they want to know all your medication, what it called, what its taken for & what strength. Have your repeat prescription to hand. I was told last year that if you are on oxygen that it puts your cost up by £100. However once of my cystic fibrosis friends just got insured with them last week, for 2 wks round the med cruise for £63, she is almost the same as me but without the thyroid cancer, however she is on oxygen now & in a wheelchair. So not sure if they have made an error with her price. I was on oxygen 24/7 before my transplant in 2013 and last year was the first year they didnt ask me the question, are you on or have you ever been on oxygen.

Some of my friends have cystic fibrosis & transplant friends have had good success with Al Clear as already mentioned above. I always used Insurance With who also have a good track record, but they wouldnt insure me last year because of my cancer.

Hope you get sorted out and have a lovely cruise.

Oh I forgot to say if you are taking any cylinders, when I took a few, just in case my oxy concentrator failed, they kept them in storage somewhere, so I didnt have to keep them in the cabin. Are you hiring or taking your own supply from home. x