Disney Characters at Every Single Meal?

johnjen

we're taking the entire family to WDW this summer, including the two grandkids, both toddlers..

the 3 year old is terrified of anything in costume....totally terrified...

it will be interesting to see what happens at WDW....he'll either be charmed or not..

my daughter (the 3 year old's aunt) was the same way at that age...

at WDW, she fell in love with eeyore and the classic characters...she was thrilled to hug all of them,..

but others? no way....she steered very clear of them, hanging on very tightly to my or DH's thigh!!!

and has been noted, disney characters are well trained in how to interact or not interact with children as the case may be..

At WDW, you'll see characters in parades, in their scheduled Meet and Greet areas, and at character meals. You will only VERY rarely see one walking in the parks, and even then it is a very short distance. The one I'm thinking of was a stage show with a "meet and greet" to follow--the characters came off the stage and each took a location for signatures and hugs.

That means that your child will only get near a character if you set them up to do so. Obviously it makes no sense to stand in line with a child who is afraid of characters at a "meet and greet." And why pay for a character meal if the kid is afraid, unless it must happen for the siblings? You can have fun in the parks without seeing the characters IF that is what the child chooses.

At WDW' date=' you'll see characters in parades, in their scheduled Meet and Greet areas, and at character meals. You will only VERY rarely see one walking in the parks, and even then it is a very short distance. The one I'm thinking of was a stage show with a "meet and greet" to follow--the characters came off the stage and each took a location for signatures and hugs.

That means that your child will only get near a character if you set them up to do so. Obviously it makes no sense to stand in line with a child who is afraid of characters at a "meet and greet." And why pay for a character meal if the kid is afraid, unless it must happen for the siblings? You can have fun in the parks without seeing the characters IF that is what the child chooses.[/quote']

we're doing almost all the character meals at WDW this summer....the 3 year old will either interact or not....whatever he feels ok with...

the character meal i would avoid like the plague is the character breakfast on the ship with the disney junior characters..

they even scare me with those weirdo heads....but since you have to make a point of signing up for that, you can easily avoid it..

• 2 weeks later...