Spicelands Horseback Riding - Age Issue & Camera

oceanfun77

I will be cruising to Bermuda with my 63yo mom. The thing is I want to go horseback riding (the 7am one that goes into the beach waters), but does anyone know if it's advisable for a 63yo to do it? We both have no horseback riding experience at all. She has no mobility issue, but still...

Also, is it advisable for me to bring my bring SLR camera on this ride at all? Or should I just bring my iPhone? How wet do you get in the early morning rides where the horses goes into the water? Thanks!

I will be cruising to Bermuda with my 63yo mom. The thing is I want to go horseback riding (the 7am one that goes into the beach waters), but does anyone know if it's advisable for a 63yo to do it? We both have no horseback riding experience at all. She has no mobility issue, but still...

Also, is it advisable for me to bring my bring SLR camera on this ride at all? Or should I just bring my iPhone? How wet do you get in the early morning rides where the horses goes into the water? Thanks!

Of course a 63 year old can go horseback riding. The question is what kind of physical shape a person is in. You are going to be sore if you have not been riding. Since I ride irregularly I get sore after a ride. That has not stopped me but I know to expect it.

I would not take an SLR into the water unless it is weather resistant. Even then I doubt I would. Where are they going in the water? For several years now horseback riding has been prohibited on the south shore beaches in the summer, between May 1 and the end of October. I think the ride will be on the dunes overlooking the beaches, not going into the water. I have encountered the horse manure up there.

Edited by Charles4515

Of course a 63 year old can go horseback riding. The question is what kind of physical shape a person is in. You are going to be sore if you have not been riding. Since I ride irregularly I get sore after a ride. That has not stopped me but I know to expect it.

I would not take an SLR into the water unless it is weather resistant. Even then I doubt I would. Where are they going in the water? For several years now horseback riding has been prohibited on the south shore beaches in the summer, between May 1 and the end of October. I think the ride will be on the dunes overlooking the beaches, not going into the water. I have encountered the horse manure up there.

The horse rides on the beach are prohibited between 8:30 am and 9 pm April through October. They have a 7 am ride that does go on the beach as it is permitted at that hour. The later rides are restricted to the dunes.

Getting to the stables in time for the 7 am ride could be a problem. It's too early for the bus, and there may not be taxis readily available at about 6:00 am .

I actually think a camera is better to take than a phone. Just wear the camera around your neck.

Edited by njhorseman