Indonesia - Island of Bali

Cruzer Two

Thank you. were the 3 ladies in traditional costume at the port ? I would love to see them and the musicians.

We only get a short stay and what with tendering and apparently the very bad traffic by the port.... we will not get very long to explore...which is a shame.

We have a private guide and car. We will see bautan temple and trenglalang rice fields.

Then have a Balinese spa at karsa

Thank you. �� were the 3 ladies in traditional costume at the port ? I would love to see them and the musicians.

We only get a short stay �� and what with tendering and apparently the very bad traffic by the port.... we will not get very long to explore...which is a shame.

We have a private guide and car. We will see bautan temple and trenglalang rice fields.

Then have a Balinese spa at karsa ������

Yes, the ship was met by dancers and musicians. There is not much around the port, but there is a small shopping area with some really good prices on clothes with Balinese prints. I got lots of shirts and my wife bought several pairs of "Elephant Pants" and tops! We were fortunate to have had an overnight in Bali, so we had two full days of sightseeing. What an adventure! Have fun!!

Thank you. Wow I'm so hoping they do the same for us, as it's our very first port. And my friend has never been on a cruise before�� sorry can I just ask....

How was the tendering ?

And do they take us dollar at the port?

Thank you. Wow I'm so hoping they do the same for us, as it's our very first port. And my friend has never been on a cruise before�� sorry can I just ask....

How was the tendering ?

And do they take us dollar at the port?

We were on a smaller ship, the HAL Prinsendam, so we actually docked at the pier and did not have to tender. Yes, the USD was the currency of choice all over Bali and Southeast Asia! In fact, the ATM machines in Cambodia even dispense USDs. Like many other places in the world, you have to haggle with the vendors in Bali to get the best price. Their first price is usually 2 or 3 times what we ended up paying. We ended up paying around $5 to $7 for a nice shirt for me and about the same for the Elephant Pants for my wife. I'll be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another moment of enjoyment, watching your videos. Thank you again.

Did you go on some sort of tour from most ports on the Indonesia islands of Bali, Java, Komodo and Longbok? I fear the answer will be yes and am wondering about the price of the overall cruise - must be quite a bit. We will not be able to travel forever though as we are late sixties now!

Barbara

Yet another moment of enjoyment, watching your videos. Thank you again.

Did you go on some sort of tour from most ports on the Indonesia islands of Bali, Java, Komodo and Longbok? I fear the answer will be yes and am wondering about the price of the overall cruise - must be quite a bit. We will not be able to travel forever though as we are late sixties now!

Barbara

Yes, excursions on most all of the islands were ship-sponsored tours. The roll call for our ship was small and we booked rather late, so we didn't have the time or number of people to arrange private tours. We did hook-up with several other people at the pier in Lombok and took a private tour. The tours in Bali required long drives between venues and would have been difficult on a private tour. The trip to Borobudur on the island of Java was another long drive and would not have been advisable on a private tour. Komodo is a tender port and you are not allowed off the ship unless you have a scheduled tour with the ship or can produce evidence of a privately arranged tour. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Cruzer Two: FANTASTIC videos...am looking through ALL of them for ports on our World Cruise (HAL) next year...so much info by just viewing them! My husband makes Blu-ray videos of our trips, also, but I like your "short format" a lot for seeing port-by-port videos...excellent! Thank you for sharing!

Cruzer Two: FANTASTIC videos...am looking through ALL of them for ports on our World Cruise (HAL) next year...so much info by just viewing them! My husband makes Blu-ray videos of our trips, also, but I like your "short format" a lot for seeing port-by-port videos...excellent! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for the nice comments. When I first started making travel videos I would include several port calls on one video that would run for 20 to 25 minutes. I found that people won't watch a video of that length. The average attention span is about 3 to 5 minutes before people loose interest. So, I started producing much shorter videos that only highlight one port call per video. The results has been much more positive. Enjoy your travels.

Ron