Is RCCL Transfers available for Galveston - IAH?

toro1100

It's getting really confusing.

Some say they used RCCL Transfers from the port to the airport as recently as a couple weeks ago.

Some say there's no more cruiseline transfers available for the port of Galveston, and that they checked it with the RCCL.

We're planning on using the Galveston Limo Service from the airport to the port, because even if something goes wrong, we would have a relatively comfortable way to spend the waiting time at the airport with two little kids. But on the way back from the port to the airport, I'd really like to have more control because I don't fancy waiting outside the terminal for hours if luck is not on our side. (One Yelp reviewer casually mentioned waiting two hours out in the heat...)

Is there anybody who could give me a definitive answer? Thanks in advance.

Yes, there are RCL transfers available both from the airport to the cruise port and from the cruise port to the airport. I am cruising on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston and this is what is available on my cruise planner:

We'll provide you with ground transportation if you are flying into or out of an airport near the port. Just let us know your flight information. It's that easy.

• Transfers

Select the Air flight arrangements you require before and after the cruise.

Standard Air Arrangements include scheduled air service or chartered flights to the departure port city for your cruise vacation.

• None
  • Inbound Transfer - Arrival - G Bush Intercont - IAH at 11:00:00 am - $ 47.00 USD
  • Inbound Transfer - Arrival - - at - $ 47.00 USD
  • Inbound Transfer - Arrival - - at - $ 32.00 USD
  • Inbound Transfer - Arrival - Hobby - HOU at 12:00:00 pm - $ 32.00 USD
  • Outbound Transfer - Departure - G Bush Intercont - IAH at 12:30:00 pm - $ 47.00 USD
  • Outbound Transfer - Departure - - at - $ 47.00 USD
  • Outbound Transfer - Departure - - at - $ 32.00 USD
  • Outbound Transfer - Departure - Hobby - HOU at 12:00:00 pm - $ 32.00 USD
  • Roundtrip Transfer - Arrival - - at - Departure - - at - $ 94.00 USD
  • Roundtrip Transfer - Arrival - - at - Departure - - at - $ 64.00 USD
  • Roundtrip Transfer - Arrival - Hobby - HOU at 12:00:00 pm - Departure - Hobby - HOU at 12:00:00 pm - $ 64.00 USD
  • Roundtrip Transfer - Arrival - Hobby - HOU at 12:00:00 pm - Departure - G Bush Intercont - IAH at 12:30:00 pm - $ 79.00 USD
  • Roundtrip Transfer - Arrival - G Bush Intercont - IAH at 11:00:00 am - Departure - Hobby - HOU at 12:00:00 pm - $ 79.00 USD
  • Roundtrip Transfer - Arrival - G Bush Intercont - IAH at 11:00:00 am - Departure - G Bush Intercont - IAH at 12:30:00 pm - $ 94.00 USD

I am cruising on Liberty too out of Galveston, but my cruise planner doesn't show any of those.

Time to go check.

Thanks!

------------

I still don't see the option on my cruise planner.

Could it be that it's only available to those who use their Air services?

Edited by toro1100

1. Cruise line shuttles (on sailing days only)

2. Private services:

Getme

Uber - airports to galveston only

Cabs and Taxi's

Galveston Express shared limo/bus service

Galveston Limo shared limo/bus service (provides 7 days a week service throughout the day)

----from both airports to Galveston Hotels and Cruise Port Terminals,

---to both airports from Galveston Hotels and Cruise Port Terminals.

Other private limos companies (see internet)

3. see also galveston.com for more information on other companies

I am cruising on Liberty too out of Galveston, but my cruise planner doesn't show any of those.

Time to go check.

Thanks!

------------

I still don't see the option on my cruise planner.

Could it be that it's only available to those who use their Air services?

Typically the airport to port and port to airport transfers don't show up on Cruise Planner unless they are tagged to an excursion with Airport drop off. If you want to reserve before the cruise - contact your Travel Agent or Royal Caribbean directly.

Mine aren't tied to an excursion, but I did enter my flight information as part of the check-in process. Maybe it shows up after you enter your flight information. They probably don't let you book the transfers until they are sure your departure flight leaves after a certain time because you can't book it if you have an early flight.