First time Cruising, Suggestions and Info needed please

Suz Wuz

We are first time cruisers and I have spent over 30 hours researching . I booked last night with RCI Voyager of the seas. I've opted for inside cabins due to price, yet was only able to get cabins 1561 and 1559. It is somewhere underneath the pool . I'm concerned about noise from above after reading reviews re deck chairs and parties.

I have trouble working out the categories of the cabins . RCI not that helpful either .

Please , I'd love some suggestions and help as I want to make this trip a positive and pleasant experience. We are travelling with the following ages : 60;57;31;35;30;21;17;4 .

So my concern is about where is the best cabins as I was told mid ship people are less likely to get motion sickness? Also is sailing in March a problem due to it being cyclone season? Looking forward to your clear.png?emoji-smile-1742replies with thanks

An inside cabin is the same anywhere. We always stay on deck 10 (or under the pool) and have never been disturbed by major noise. No cabin is completely devoid of outside sounds.

Middle of the ship experiences the least movement, but you won't be IN the cabin except at night....you'll be all over the ship!

Are you in Australia? Our "hurricane season" is July- Nov.....doesn't mean the weather is bad...just means it's warm enough to fuel a storm! Your ship will avoid hurricanes/cylcones...no worry!

Mid-ship cabins down low have less noticeable motion. We try to get a deck between our cabin and any lounges or dining rooms. Last cruise we went with guaranteed inside and had chairs clanging and scraping in the dining room above us at 3:00 a.m. No big problem. We always take ear plugs.

This a vacation. Don't try to do too much like booking 2 or 3 tours at each port. We have been on 16 cruises and have been to Cozumel 12 times. We still find new things to see or do. Sit back , relax and watch the world drift by.

We are in Australia and departing from Sydney to the south pacific .

Thank you for your reply, and reassurance that deck 10 under the pool should be OK. .Many thanks

An inside cabin is the same anywhere. We always stay on deck 10 (or under the pool) and have never been disturbed by major noise. No cabin is completely devoid of outside sounds.

Middle of the ship experiences the least movement, but you won't be IN the cabin except at night....you'll be all over the ship!

Are you in Australia? Our "hurricane season" is July- Nov.....doesn't mean the weather is bad...just means it's warm enough to fuel a storm! Your ship will avoid hurricanes/cylcones...no worry!

Thanks for your advice, I'm ready to Chill out, Just read lots of bad reviews of Royal Carribbeen Voyager of the seas. I suppose its all about the Journey in the end, whatever happens will be part of the experience . Thanks Again

Mid-ship cabins down low have less noticeable motion. We try to get a deck between our cabin and any lounges or dining rooms. Last cruise we went with guaranteed inside and had chairs clanging and scraping in the dining room above us at 3:00 a.m. No big problem. We always take ear plugs.

This a vacation. Don't try to do too much like booking 2 or 3 tours at each port. We have been on 16 cruises and have been to Cozumel 12 times. We still find new things to see or do. Sit back , relax and watch the world drift by.