New Orleans Embarkation Day & Mardi Gras World

lovebears

We are staying at LaPlace, LA the night before our NCL cruise in November. We would like to work in seeing Mardi Gras World prior to boarding the ship. Is this possible? We plan to park at Fulton Garage for the duration of the cruise. Is there free parking at Mardi Gras World? Thank you for advise on this.

We are staying at LaPlace, LA the night before our NCL cruise in November. We would like to work in seeing Mardi Gras World prior to boarding the ship. Is this possible? We plan to park at Fulton Garage for the duration of the cruise. Is there free parking at Mardi Gras World? Thank you for advise on this.

This is very easy to do prior to boarding since Mardi Gras world is right at the Cruise Terminal.

Sorry so many questions, but is there a sidewalk from port to MGW?

Not really. MGW is right near the entrance to the Erato Street terminal used by Carnival. MGW is on the other side of the Crescent City Connector from the terminal. I do not believe there are any sidewalks over there. If my memory serves me correctly, the road is often really busy on port days, and sometimes security will not let you walk into the port area from the road, so take that into consideration if you try and walk.

MGW does have a free shuttle that drops off at hotels in Central Business District. You might ask if they can drive you the short distance to the port drop off area.

dctravel

It CAN be done, if you want to do it or not is up to you. We parked at MGW for the day last fall. Afterwards, we walked (well, the wife walked, I had a mobility scooter) all the way down to Riverwalk past the terminal where Dream was loading for the day. As has been said, sidewalks are sketchy at best, but keeping to the side of the road and avoiding traffic wasn't THAT big of a hassle.

I just checked and there is a Saints game on this day we cruise out of NOLA. Will traffic be a struggle coming from LaPlace or Kenner to port and MGW?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Out of town Saints season ticket holder here. I usually get into town around 10am on a noon game day. And it's usually not bad. May hit a little bit of traffic but most of the time you'll fly through and just the superdome exits will be backed up. You'll drive right past that and be fine.

If you come in even earlier like 8 or 9 you'll have nothing to worry about.

If you have the option of la place or Kenner, I'd pick Kenner because if there is traffic on that long bridge...it stinks. And once last season they closed the bridge because someone drove off of it. I wouldn't want to be on the other side in case some freak accident happened before you got across it.

Edited by Saint Greg

Out of town Saints season ticket holder here. I usually get into town around 10am on a noon game day. And it's usually not bad. May hit a little bit of traffic but most of the time you'll fly through and just the superdome exits will be backed up. You'll drive right past that and be fine.

If you come in even earlier like 8 or 9 you'll have nothing to worry about.

If you have the option of la place or Kenner, I'd pick Kenner because if there is traffic on that long bridge...it stinks. And once last season they closed the bridge because someone drove off of it. I wouldn't want to be on the other side in case some freak accident happened before you got across it.

Thank you so much for information, we will plan to stay in Kenner then, would freak out if we couldn't get to the ship...lol

Thank you so much for information, we will plan to stay in Kenner then, would freak out if we couldn't get to the ship...lol

Are you going through Baton Rouge on Saturday? If so you may want to check the LSU schedule. That traffic is pretty nasty.