Australia and New Zealand.

We booked a 30 day cruise from Sydney to Vancouver Canada via New Zealand. The question is . What the best source for tourist info in Sydney specifically and New Zealand in general. We are planing on spending two days pre cruise in Sydney not including day of arrival.

What are must attractions in the In the Sydney area?

New Zealand is all the normal ports.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sightseeing at the NZ port stops depends on your interests.

Tauranga - if your a LOTR fan you might like to go to Hobbiton, or you might prefer the geothermal wonders of Rotorua.

In Dunedin you could do the Taieri Gorge Railway, or a tour up Otago Peninsula to teh Albatross Sanctuary, Penguin Place, and Larnach's Castle.

Some people like to go to Christchurch from Akaroa, others want to swim with the rare Hector's Dolphins.

LOTR also features in Wellington with excursions to Weta Workshops, and the Te Papa museum is worth a visit. The cable car is also popular.

• 3 weeks later...

As Gut has said - if you ask specific questions about what you like then you will get some good input here as well. It's hard to say because everyone has such different preferences.

For me if I had two days in Sydney I'd take one to do a walking tour around Sydney, visit the Rocks and some of the free museums in that area (the rocks museum, the observatory), take a ferry ride somewhere around on the harbour (maybe manley and visit the beach) and just get a feel for the city. As someone mentioned, trip advisor is pretty good at giving you ideas about what's there. I'd then take a second day and take a train west to the blue mountains or north to the central coast or Newcastle and see something a bit different.

I always think the zoo is a great day out, you see some animals, some great scenery and do a harbour ferry ride all for about 40 bucks. But then I love zoos and the animals at Taronga have some of the best views in the world.

• 1 month later...
Any opinions on the best cruise line or ship for cruising to New Zealand from Sydney? Would love to hear some input on this, since this would be a new part of the world for us to cruise.

Thank you.

Did you want to get on in Sydney and off in NZ, or return back to Sydney?

Any opinions on the best cruise line or ship for cruising to New Zealand from Sydney? Would love to hear some input on this, since this would be a new part of the world for us to cruise.

Thank you.

The choice would depend on your personal preference on cruiseline and activities on board. We prefer Princess, but others find Royal Caribbean to be good. Cruises from Sydney to NZ usually have two sea days each way for a duration of 12, 13 or 14 nights total. Once you get to NZ, there is a new port every day. The number of ports varies.

The general atmosphere on each cruise line is probably what you would experience elsewhere in the world. Maybe if you tell us a bit about yourself, the people who post on here can make a recommendation or recommendations. :)

Probably the RT to Sydney.

Assuming you are a tired old fogy like me I would go with the following, in order:

Celebrity Solstice

Ovation of the Seas

Radiance of the Seas

Diamond Princess

Of course, you would only go in the summer, Dec-Mar.

Dec-Jan are school holidays.