Overnight Car Rental on Kauai (Nawiliwili) Question

ajtraveler66

We will be renting a car while at port for two days in Kauai (Nawiliwili). What is the parking like at the port? On Day 1, we are taking a sunset dinner cruise (Napali) that will end in Port Allen, so we will probably not get back to the ship until around 10:00 or so. Any suggestions from those of you who have rented before?

We will be renting a car while at port for two days in Kauai (Nawiliwili). What is the parking like at the port? On Day 1, we are taking a sunset dinner cruise (Napali) that will end in Port Allen, so we will probably not get back to the ship until around 10:00 or so. Any suggestions from those of you who have rented before?

There is no parking at the port. You can park at the Anchor Cove Shopping Center for $20. They are at 3416 Rice St, 808-246-4422. They have a free shuttle between the pier and the shopping center from 8:30am-9pm.

We have walked many times from the ship to the Anchor Cove Mall area which fronts Kalapaki Bay and beach. It is a quick walk along a sidewalk and only a block or two away. Since it looks like you will not return before the shuttle service ends ( I had heard it ends as early as 5:00 pm ), you could easily walk back, but be aware that you pass by a park area which is fine during the day, but I have seen warnings from ship staff to be careful in this area after dark.

There is a Radisson Hotel in the mall area with a Dukes Restaurant and a Beach Bar if you want a nightcap after parking the car. I'm sure there are taxis available from the hotel if you'd rather not walk back.

We have walked many times from the ship to the Anchor Cove Mall area which fronts Kalapaki Bay and beach. It is a quick walk along a sidewalk and only a block or two away. Since it looks like you will not return before the shuttle service ends ( I had heard it ends as early as 5:00 pm ), you could easily walk back, but be aware that you pass by a park area which is fine during the day, but I have seen warnings from ship staff to be careful in this area after dark.

There is a Radisson Hotel in the mall area with a Dukes Restaurant and a Beach Bar if you want a nightcap after parking the car. I'm sure there are taxis available from the hotel if you'd rather not walk back.

Thanks.....VERY, VERY helpful!