Our First SB Cruise - Tips/Tricks from Regulars, please?

NJBelle

Yes, Techno we are by no means anti social. Getting to know many people interesting and fun fellow cruisers is often a highlight. In fact we have made numerous longstanding friendships on Seabourn. But as you said when you meet people casually around the ship you can pretty much tell if you click.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's a good job we're all different then, as my husband and I just love hosted tables! We did six in a row (yes, really!) in March and met some really interesting people.

One of the 'hosts' was a lovely girl from the entertainment team (and what a coincidence she was brought up in a little village just a couple of miles from where I spent my childhood!), it was such a fun table.

Another night we were on a table hosted by the Mind Reader who had performed in the Grand Salon the night before. When it came to giving my order to the lovely waitress, I said "you could ask him, he'll obviously know what I want to order given he's a mind reader!" I imagine he's heard jokes like this a hundred times but he did me the honour of laughing :D

Horses for courses... those that don't like hosted tables, we make up for it :)

I thought I read weeks and weeks ago you had friends that had sailed Seabourn. I presumed they had told you about the referral so I didn't mention. I do hope you find one.

I too am a newbie, with my first sailing later this year. I am interested in the referral coupon, and I believe someone mentioned there being a "note" at the top where we could place our name requesting one. I'm unable to locate where I would need to go post it, so any further information regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated! Thx!! Sallie

I too am a newbie, with my first sailing later this year. I am interested in the referral coupon, and I believe someone mentioned there being a "note" at the top where we could place our name requesting one. I'm unable to locate where I would need to go post it, so any further information regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated! Thx!! Sallie

Hi georgiagirl. I have one. Please e mail me seabournlass at g mail dot com. Thanks. I'm the last post on the referral thread too from a few days ago that was kindly mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by galeforce9

Felt I ought to but in.

We have sailed many times on Seabourn and generally have enjoyed being at a hosted table. We also tend to agree to share a table when asked at the entry to the Main Dining Room. Also generally enjoyable.

On the other hand coupon everyone is writing about?

Eliana - have you been missing out on the referral coupon? Info is on the sticky at the top of the board ( well it shares the top with the dress code ;)). If you refer a new cruiser then they get $400 on board credit to use on their cruise and the person who refers also gets $400 to use on their next cruise (the referee must have cruised first). Very nice little perk although can't be used with other obc's apart from the share one.

Just contact Seabourn and they will send you some referral vouchers to share with lucky first timers.

Thanks Techno. Clearly we've bee losing out as we have persuaded a number of friends to cruise with Seabourn. Funnily enough we suggested Seabourn to some friends yesterday and if they decide to book I'll try to use a coupon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,:) I am waffling about what to do for my BIG 60 cruise with Seabourn as one of my options.........I am trying

Silversea in August (first time sailing with them) and the big Birthday is in March........I always sail solo. What will

I love about Seabourn?

Hello,:) I am waffling about what to do for my BIG 60 cruise with Seabourn as one of my options.........I am trying

Silversea in August (first time sailing with them) and the big Birthday is in March........I always sail solo. What will

I love about Seabourn?

I'm celebrating my BIG 60 cruise by cruising with Seabourn in the Caribbean in December. Birthday is September but I like the ship as a destination so Caribbean is my favorite.

I've never been on Silversea. Regent was my first luxury line but Seabourn is just a bit better.

I love no lines, no crowds, space, if my drink gets warm, no problem, get another

I love sitting outside for lunch looking at the water/scenery drinking a rose wine.

I love about Seabourn?

My husband and I have met quite a few solo travellers because we're always happy to go on hosted tables and they always seem to be having a great time! I've not travelled on SB solo but from what I hear they really really look after you if you're travelling on your own

I agree about the no queueing anywhere but also I would say I love the staff, they are just so nice and seem happy in their jobs which comes across as such good service.

Plus.... I love their hot souffles for dessert in the MDR, and their delicious soups!

In all seriousness, no one can say whether it's right for you, but there is so much to like as far as I'm concerned :)

Thank you both for the replies:),,,,my birthday is in March. I want to sail in the month of the birthday but I am looking

at different cruises with different itineraries and may end up going in another month if I cannot find "The ONE" in March.

I have received an email from Seabourn indicating I will receive the $400 SBC from a referral by a guest who has sailed with Seabourn previously. I have also been given SBC by my TA. Will I be able to use both amounts of SBC on my June cruise?

I have received an email from Seabourn indicating I will receive the $400 SBC from a referral by a guest who has sailed with Seabourn previously. I have also been given SBC by my TA. Will I be able to use both amounts of SBC on my June cruise?

Yes. The TA is like cash and refundable so it is combined with the referral SBC