Ziplining questions! Distance from port and cost?

WeddNcruise

We have done a couple of the zip line tours thru RCI on Jamaica.

1. " Canopy" when we docked in Ocho Rios. It was our first one on this island, and we have done it on 2 separate cruises.

It was GREAT!!! The guides are awesome.

2. We did the one at "Chukka" linked to the tubing excursion and the zip line experience was a little disappointing. Only 7 runs little excitement.

3. We have done the one at "Rose Hall" twice and have had the time of our lives. Oh it is great, many long runs, and two surprises that are awesome!!!!

If you are able to get the one at Rose Hall you will not be disappointed.

Enjoy

Now over the years the price has increased.

The last time we sailed last year it was around $89 a person.

It seams it took us about 20 min to get there.

The longest distance was when we docked in Ocho Rios, that ride to the excursion was about 45 min.

Enjoy we do, and continue to do.

Safe travels.

We did it through the cruise line last year. It was fantastic.

It is about an hour ride up hills and through the jungle, very beautiful and the driver talks the whole time about the culture, the trees, the jungle. Very nice.

I have a video:

The ziplines are long, and there is some walking between, but the jungle is just so beautiful. We would do it again. There are lockers there to put your stuff in, you rent a lock ($5 I think), and there is food for purchase.

After the zipline, our bus driver offered to take everyone back to the ship, OR we could pay $5 each extra for a drop off and pick up at Margaritaville. We had about 90 minutes there, then he took us all back to the ship. It was great.

• 4 months later...

We will be stopping at Falmouth. . . is the "good" zip lining the one that's 20 minutes from there? 7 lines?

I zipped once in San Juan and it was GREAT and want to do it again, but not just for 2 or 3 lines.

any input appreciated! :cool:

We will be stopping at Falmouth. . . is the "good" zip lining the one that's 20 minutes from there? 7 lines?

I zipped once in San Juan and it was GREAT and want to do it again, but not just for 2 or 3 lines.

I hope you can get theRose Hall one.

It was great.

If not then you should have a fun time on Chukka

We also did the one in San Juan.

The zip lines were well done, but, the attendants were very well organized and safe but, they did not do anything to liven it up like in Jamaica.

Had a better time in Jamaica.

Enjoy, we did.

If your ship goes to Labadee I would do it there as it is the longest Zip Line and it goes over water. We are going to be there the middle of next week and we are already booked through our ship. Have a great cruise and hopefully you will find the Zip Line you are looking for.

Yes we did the zip line in Labadee on two different sailings.

Now they used to sell the picture of you landing at the stop area in a photo jacket that has all the details of the zip line....it was fabulous.

Now, they just sell you the photo on board....no jacket (portfolio).

Does not stop us from doing this though, love it, quick, but great.

Sea Ya

• 3 months later...

1. " Canopy" when we docked in Ocho Rios. It was our first one on this island, and we have done it on 2 separate cruises.

2. We did the one at "Chukka" linked to the tubing excursion and the zip line experience was a little disappointing. Only 7 runs little excitement.

3. We have done the one at "Rose Hall" twice and have had the time of our lives. Oh it is great, many long runs, and two surprises that are awesome!!!!

Enjoy

I looked up Rose Hall--their excursions are outsourced to excursion companies...do you know which one you used for the zip line?

I looked up Rose Hall--their excursions are outsourced to excursion companies...do you know which one you used for the zip line?

What ship are you sailing.

We booked thru the cruise line.

Which we always have done.

Never booked independent.

• 2 weeks later...
What ship are you sailing.

We booked thru the cruise line.

Which we always have done.

Never booked independent.

If you look at the Rose Hall website, you'll see that their excursions are done by a couple of different companies, both of which do zip lines. So just recommending Rose Hall, even through the cruise line, doesn't tell you which excursion company you actually used, and which zip line tour it was.

If you look at the Rose Hall website, you'll see that their excursions are done by a couple of different companies, both of which do zip lines. So just recommending Rose Hall, even through the cruise line, doesn't tell you which excursion company you actually used, and which zip line tour it was.

That is correct, they all link to Chuka

Different companies may book you to the place but there is only one rose Hall

And the excursion is great thru here.

Safe travels.

• 1 month later...

Enjoy

Now over the years the price has increased.

The last time we sailed last year it was around $89 a person.

It seams it took us about 20 min to get there.

The longest distance was when we docked in Ocho Rios, that ride to the excursion was about 45 min.

Enjoy we do, and continue to do.

Safe travels.

I have been trying to find the one at Rose Hall, there are several zip lining excursions but none of them mention Rose Hall, any chance can you tell me where to find it or the name of that excursion/company?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is correct, they all link to Chuka

Different companies may book you to the place but there is only one rose Hall

And the excursion is great thru here.

Safe travels.

I have been trying to find the one at Rose Hall, there are several zip lining excursions but none of them mention Rose Hall, any chance can you tell me where to find it or the name of that excursion/company?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It doesn't matter if you do it through Rose Hall or not, as they are not the ones doing the excursion. The excursion company does, which you can book through other channels.

For a few bucks more we book thru the cruise line.

Besides whats a few bucks when your out of the country on a foreign island, and anything could happen from a bus breaking down or a traffic jam.

Would rather spend a few more bucks so that the ship knows we are on their excursion, and will wait for all of us who booked it to return.........vs.........an independent tour that no one but you know your on.

Could you imagine the cost if independent tour arrived back late and the ship left???

I know slim to none chance I realize that.....................

OMG the cost getting to the next stop.

But what if???????

Just saying

Safe travels.