High tea for adults on Fantasy 11-nighter?

metairiegal

The normal tea in Palo was discontinued several years ago. They kept raising the price until at the end it was the same charge as a dinner, and then they used the excuse that no one ever signed up for it. DUH, when it was $10 and $15 it was full. When it was $25, it just wasn't worth it (add tip on top of that, of course). The other rationale we were given is that they could lengthen the brunch service, allowing more guests to book that.

SO, unless it is offered as a special thing for the longer cruise, they will not have it.

• 4 weeks later...
$20 for Brunch? Are the other MDRs available for free breakfast?

Uh, no. The last time I cruised, Palo Brunch was $30, Remy was $50. This could always have increased.

There is always one MDR open for breakfast as well as Cabanas. On the Magic and Wonder, this is typically Lumiere's/Triton's. On the Fantasy it was Enchanted Garden--don't have enough Fantasy experience to know if this is standard.

There is a charge in the adult only venues. Meals in the MDRs are included in your cruise fare.

Edited by moki'smommy

According to the DCL web site, Remy brunch is available on both the Dream and Fantasy. It is a sea day event, so your cruise must include at least one sea day for it to be served.

In fairness, i have not partaken of this event on the Dream, so am taking my info from the official web site.

OP here. Just checked my ressie for our upcoming 11-nighter. The Remy Brunch is $60 per adult.

Never heard of this, but there is a is a Remy Dessert for $55 per adult:

"Treat your taste buds to a sweet selection of delectable desserts. Enjoy a 5-course dessert menu, coffee and an in-depth discussion with the Executive Chef and Executive Pastry Chef of Remy. As each dessert is presented, they'll explain the history and evolution of the dessert."

Any hoo, I was originally inquiring about a FREE high tea, like Princess has. Ha!

The high tea on DCL started out free. It quickly escalated thru $5, $10, etc. till it eventually was priced at the same as the then rate for a Palo dinner. At that point it was canceled--we were told that "no one books it any more" and that it would allow them to add hours to the Palo brunch which they were always turning people away from.

My answer--no one comes to tea because it had become so over priced. It was much nicer than the Princess free tea; more in line with the Celebrity paid one, but no champagne.

I'm not surprised that Remy brunch is up to $60; I'd heard it was increasing when it was booking for $50. Yes, this is different from the Remy dessert experience.

The thing about the Princess high tea in the MDR, is that they offer some of the same things in the buffet during their "afternoon offerings." Things like scones and cream (all you want - and my favorite!), cookies, sandwiches, etc.

The thing about the Princess high tea in the MDR, is that they offer some of the same things in the buffet during their "afternoon offerings." Things like scones and cream (all you want - and my favorite!), cookies, sandwiches, etc.

Absolutely, but it isn't reliable. Some days they had scones, etc. Other days not. However it was lovely being able to have the tea munchies without going to "tea." In contrast, the high tea on the Magic and on Celebrity was an event--a table for just your party, great service, amazing munchies, etc. On Princess it is group tables, the tea selection is regular or decaf, and the food is good but not great. However, it is free--making it very attractive.

Absolutely' date=' but it isn't reliable. Some days they had scones, etc. Other days not. However it was lovely being able to have the tea munchies without going to "tea." In contrast, the high tea on the Magic and on Celebrity was an event--a table for just your party, great service, amazing munchies, etc. On Princess it is group tables, the tea selection is regular or decaf, and the food is good but not great. However, it is free--making it very attractive.[/quote']

RE: Princess

My experience in the buffet during the "afternoon offerings" time, is that they ALWAYS have scones. And in the MDR, we just ask for a table for 2 and always get it with no problem.

Oh well, Princess isn't until December. Upcoming is DCL - and no tea for us!

RE: Princess

My experience in the buffet during the "afternoon offerings" time, is that they ALWAYS have scones. And in the MDR, we just ask for a table for 2 and always get it with no problem.

Oh well, Princess isn't until December. Upcoming is DCL - and no tea for us!

OK...we did 20 nights cruising around Japan summer 2016 and found scones to be a "sometimes" thing. On the other hand, real ramen was available every day. And salad at breakfast, which is a Japanese thing. You are right that we never asked for a table for 2. We were always shown to a large table and never said anything. On our other Princess cruise, I really didn't look for scones on the buffet. Didn't know they were there. A couple nights ago I found myself thinking about chicken pot pie and wondering why (it isn't exactly great when it comes frozen). I realized it was the Princess variety that I was dreaming about.

Enjoy both of your upcoming cruises.

For those folks discussing Remy brunch, just making sure that you're aware it is not a buffet like in Palo - it is a multi-course Prix Fixe meal with a set menu. If there's a item not to your liking or that has ingredients you can't eat, though, they can make alternate selections. It is delicious!

For those folks discussing Remy brunch, just making sure that you're aware it is not a buffet like in Palo - it is a multi-course Prix Fixe meal with a set menu. If there's a item not to your liking or that has ingredients you can't eat, though, they can make alternate selections. It is delicious!

And, as with manyl specialty restaurants, if you notify them of food allergies or special situations 24 hours in advance, they will do something really special for you.