Road To Hana Deluxe

lildidge

I'm sailing on NCL POA May 6th and wanted to purchase the Road to Hana Deluxe tour for the second Maui day but only one spot is opened and I need two. I checked a few other shore excursion sites and they only offer RTH on the first day. The tour starts at 7am on day two and I would much rather do that day than day one. Thanks!

I'm sailing on NCL POA May 6th and wanted to purchase the Road to Hana Deluxe tour for the second Maui day but only one spot is opened and I need two. I checked a few other shore excursion sites and they only offer RTH on the first day. The tour starts at 7am on day two and I would much rather do that day than day one. Thanks!

We're not sure what kind of information you are looking for about this.

What I wanted to know is there any other options for an early start to R2H on the second day in Maui? Does anyone know the supplier NCL uses?

Sorry, I can't figure out how to edit my post:mad:

We're not sure what kind of information you are looking for about this.

What I wanted to know is there any other options for an early start to R2H on the second day in Maui? Does anyone know the supplier NCL uses?

You might try Polynesian Adventure Tours or Roberts Hawaii.

Thanks, I did some research and found that Temptation tours is the company that NCL uses and booked directly with them, they guarantee your return to the ship.

Hi

I'll be on the POA that week as well. They should open more spots on the tour once onboard and you can book it then. I would book it as soon as you get on

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

I'll be on the POA that week as well. They should open more spots on the tour once onboard and you can book it then. I would book it as soon as you get on

Thanks! I already called NCL Shore excursions and spoke to a few people and they don't think they will be adding any more spots unless someone cancels. I did find the tour company that NCL uses and spoke to the owner, I did get the reservations I wanted. BTW - I'm from NJ too....are you by any chance going with Louise?

There are too many variables with the road to Hana. I wouldn't risk it on day 2 when you have to be back. Do it day 1 when you have flexibility.

We rented a car & paid $4.99 for a cell phone app. It gave a great guided tour.

Thanks! I already called NCL Shore excursions and spoke to a few people and they don't think they will be adding any more spots unless someone cancels. I did find the tour company that NCL uses and spoke to the owner, I did get the reservations I wanted. BTW - I'm from NJ too....are you by any chance going with Louise?

Hi

I am going with a group and yes it might be the same Louise that is organizing it. I'm going as a guest

Ok I have a very strange question, I am taking my very first trip to Hawaii in June and I want to know, what is the attraction of the Road to Hana?

At least two things. One is just because it is there (read: a must do even though you don't know quite why but everyone does it) and the other is that it is probably scenery you don't have at home except what you view in movies and you are intrigued by seeing it live and in person. The summit of Haleakala is another attraction like that. We are glad visitors are happy with that, but we are not attracted to either, as Maui has so much else to offer away from the tourist paths.

The "road to Hana" is NOT a "must do"....it's a full day, and a great way to "kill time", but there is so much more in Maui to see and do. Save this for a land vacation!

Sorry about the "must do" part. To clarify: We meant visitors may feel it is something they must do since so many people do it and they may feel they are missing something if they don't do it. To each his own, but we agree with you that there is so much more to Maui than the road to Hana and Haleakala's summit, and those are two time-consuming efforts that would lend themselves better to a longer land vacation.

Sorry about the "must do" part. To clarify: We meant visitors may feel it is something they must do since so many people do it and they may feel they are missing something if they don't do it. To each his own, but we agree with you that there is so much more to Maui than the road to Hana and Haleakala's summit, and those are two time-consuming efforts that would lend themselves better to a longer land vacation.

Please tell: I'm from Australia. What would you do in one day in Maui?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I have, thank you. I'm actually a researcher by trade but i was just thinking that you had some local insight and might suggest something not freely available on the internet. Thanks anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have, thank you. I'm actually a researcher by trade but i was just thinking that you had some local insight and might suggest something not freely available on the internet. Thanks anyway.

There are festivals, special events and happenings that often are not highly publicized and don't require reservations, but we checked your ship's schedule and find it will only be tendering off Lahaina from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. on July 15th. That may limit what is available. Do you have any special interests?

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

There are festivals, special events and happenings that often are not highly publicized and don't require reservations, but we checked your ship's schedule and find it will only be tendering off Lahaina from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. on July 15th. That may limit what is available. Do you have any special interests?

Hi, that's kind of you to ask. We love unusual things, and food, and culture. I am an academic interested in culture and we are both foodies. We are on the cruise because of my hip problem, but perhaps counterintuitively for people on a cruise we don't like crowds or organised tours. Thank you for any ideas.

Hi, that's kind of you to ask. We love unusual things, and food, and culture. I am an academic interested in culture and we are both foodies. We are on the cruise because of my hip problem, but perhaps counterintuitively for people on a cruise we don't like crowds or organised tours. Thank you for any ideas.

We do have some ideas around the Lahaina area, but wonder if you will be renting a car and wanting to go further than West Maui?

We do have some ideas around the Lahaina area, but wonder if you will be renting a car and wanting to go further than West Maui?

Hi again. Nope, we are Australian and you guys drive on the wrong side of the road ;). We tried that once in New Orleans and took the car back early! I'm challenged with left and right at the best of times. We are happy to catch public transport though. Thank you for your consideration, appreciate it.

The "road to Hana" is NOT a "must do"....it's a full day, and a great way to "kill time", but there is so much more in Maui to see and do. Save this for a land vacation!

Thanks so very much! That was exactly what I was wondering. This is my first trip to Hawaii and I want to see as much as possible. I may save that one for my next trip! :D

Aloha lahore - We certainly understand your thought about driving on Maui. Sad to say, the places we had in mind would really require having a car though, as going off the beaten tourist paths would be costly by taxi and not reachable by bus. You do have an advantage in being in Lahaina rather than in commercial/industrial Kahului (where the Pride of America docks). Lahaina itself is touristy but has a certain charm and a definite history. Front Street alone can take hours to explore/shop/eat, and doesn't require an organized tour (we dislike those too). If we had one day to visit and had a car, we would do Upcountry Maui. If we didn't have a car we would do Lahaina on our own at our own pace.

Aloha lahore - We certainly understand your thought about driving on Maui. Sad to say, the places we had in mind would really require having a car though, as going off the beaten tourist paths would be costly by taxi and not reachable by bus. You do have an advantage in being in Lahaina rather than in commercial/industrial Kahului (where the Pride of America docks). Lahaina itself is touristy but has a certain charm and a definite history. Front Street alone can take hours to explore/shop/eat, and doesn't require an organized tour (we dislike those too). If we had one day to visit and had a car, we would do Upcountry Maui. If we didn't have a car we would do Lahaina on our own at our own pace.

HI Silver Sweetheart Thank you for your time and I appreciate that. After all my research that was what I was planning to do, so it's good to know that I'm not missing out on anything obvious. One more question; as you are clearly local, what eating place would you recommend in Front St area? We are not interested in 'fine dining' (although we will do it if it's really the best) but we really like to try local foods and don't care much about ambience. In fact, having lived in Asia for much of our lives we tend to believe that the best food is found in the least salubrious surroundings!

One more question; as you are clearly local, what eating place would you recommend in Front St area? We are not interested in 'fine dining' (although we will do it if it's really the best) but we really like to try local foods and don't care much about ambience. In fact, having lived in Asia for much of our lives we tend to believe that the best food is found in the least salubrious surroundings!

Unless you have already been to a luau, you might try Aloha Mixed Plate at 1285 Front Street in Lahaina. We believe they are owned by the people who run Old Lahaina Luau (one of the best luaus on the island). We haven't been there for years, but checked their menu yesterday and think the Ali'i mixed plate (think that is the name) might be something to share, as it gives samples of kalua pig, lau lau , lomi lomi salmon, poi and haupia. No terrific taste treats here, but all items are very popular in the islands and you can at least say you tried them.